Cannot find Subtitle Menu Options

Mister Steve

Mister Steve

Hi All,

Somehow I've lost Subtitles options during playback.    I cannot find options to use subtitles that are already downloaded, or to search for subtitles, using the Web client or my TV clients.  During web playback, the "..." menu does not have a Subtitle option, nor does the gear menu, nor is there a CC option.   It is as if the "subtitle" feature has been turned off.  I've tried various library options, checked to make sure English is selected for download, tried storing subtitles with and not with media, rescanned, restarted Emby , etc. 

Emby version 4.6.7.0 Debian bullseye

The log references the Open Subtitles plugin: embyserver.txt:2022-01-20 20:01:00.805 Info App: Loading OpenSubtitles, Version=1.0.28.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/OpenSubtitles.dll.  Although I think this plugin is not required to use already downloaded subs. (FWIW, I reset my opensubtitles passwords and updated them accordingly in Emby).  I do not see any logged errors trying to access subtitles.

Any ideas?  

Thanks!

Hi there, I would check your Emby user permissions related to downloading and managing subtitles. Please see if that helps. Thanks.