Guide data naming can become an issue with recordings

heula

The problem I sometimes experience is that duplicate recording folders are created when recording.

This is because the name of the guide data is sometimes different from other times.

An example is "NOS Studio sport Eredivisie". One time it's like that in the guide and the next time it's in it as "Studio Sport Eredivisie"

Uppercase and lowercase letters can also have an influence.

Is it possible that something can be done with this so that there are no more duplicate folders.

I've seen that it doesn't matter if a tv show has a tvdb id or not.

Thank you

TVGids2.xml

Hi, we can definitely handle different casing. I added something for that based on your feedback several months ago. Different spelling altogether though is more difficult.

If the guide data had external id's such as tvdb, imdb, etc, then we do already use that and just ignore the name, but I can see this data does not have that.

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, we can definitely handle different casing. I added something for that based on your feedback several months ago. Different spelling altogether though is more difficult.

If the guide data had external id's such as tvdb, imdb, etc, then we do already use that and just ignore the name, but I can see this data does not have that.

We had that discussion before indeed. Dutch tv shows do not always have that kind of id available unfortunately.

The reason I mentioned this again is because my guide.xml is generated on my nas from now on and no longer from my pc.

On my pc I ran a batch file after the guide was finisht generating that changed several names in the xml file so they were all the same. I have no idea yet how I can run such a batch on my nas to do the same thing.

I hoped that this batch would be a temporary thing.

When this double folder thing happens again I will put it here as an example so perhaps you know what do or I can do.

Thanks