MKV movies lag

Guest kovibalko

Guest kovibalko

Hi! LG CX Oled - Lenovo Legion Y520 Notebook (I7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, HDD Source) My larger mkv (DoVi, HDR mkv> 50 Gb) movies have been stuck for more than a week. It used to run smoothly on the TV’s Emby app - now it gets stuck every 5-10 seconds, and after starts again and continues. (the peripherals are connected to a wired stable net - I also tested the speed), Since then I have defragmented the HDD and even formatted and re-downloaded the movies (I also tested with the program - no sector error) - the result is unfortunately the same. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest kovibalko

Hi! Maybe he just stopped now. I probably think that even though I use wired internet, the TV's 100 mbit internet limit is low for 60-90 bit movies. Larger fluctuations in net speed could cause larger movies to falter. I bought a usb internet adapter that brings out the 300bit net speed via usb 2.0. I can recommend this to others. (for my LG CX oled - Axagon ADE-SR Adapter, USB 3.0 Type-A - Gigabit Ethernet) ✌️

Guest kovibalko
1 minute ago, kovibalko said:

Hi! Maybe he just stopped now. I probably think that even though I use wired internet, the TV's 100 mbit internet limit is low for 60-90 bit movies. Larger fluctuations in net speed could cause larger movies to falter. I bought a usb internet adapter that brings out the ~300mbit net speed via usb 2.0. I can recommend this to others. (for my LG CX oled - Axagon ADE-SR Adapter, USB 3.0 Type-A - Gigabit Ethernet) ✌️

5 hours ago, kovibalko said:

Hi! Maybe he just stopped now. I probably think that even though I use wired internet, the TV's 100 mbit internet limit is low for 60-90 bit movies. Larger fluctuations in net speed could cause larger movies to falter. I bought a usb internet adapter that brings out the 300bit net speed via usb 2.0. I can recommend this to others. (for my LG CX oled - Axagon ADE-SR Adapter, USB 3.0 Type-A - Gigabit Ethernet) ✌️

Yes, the 100Mbit lan port is too slow for higher bitrate movies.  You have the solution now!