Reset movie parental rating

Dibbes

Dibbes

Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but a quick search didn't get me any relevant result.

I'm looking for a way to set all my movies to the parental rating of a specific country. Over the years my collection has grown and various tools have been used to scrape metadata into xml files, which is also where Emby supposingly gets its data from. Now this means that I have an odd mixture of various parental ratings, some US, some UK, some Spanish and some others... I'd like to get this reset to the ratings of one specific country without having to spend a few days manually entering this or delete everything and start anew.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome!

Cheers!

Dibbes
1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

Not within Emby (or @VicMoore expands his awesome tool to include PG), you'd have to reach for a 3-rd party app (like this one). 

No, Emby has never been great at overwriting metadata... once it's there, you need to go in one by one to re-scrape...
I'll give tiny a look and see what it can do. Thanks!

Happy2Play

I would guess a complete refresh of metadata with library set to specific country, this is assuming provider has country metadata.  But if still xml metadata Emby will only read so you have to manually update xml or stop using.

Dibbes
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Yea I would say it's time to stop using the old xml format.

As soon as you give us a way to properly sync between two or more Emby servers or implement a proper database so that it can handle more than 200k media files without slowing down, I can... 

Also, Emby still has the same issues updating metadata it has had for a decade. A lot of items, when not completely scraped, will need to be manually refreshed on a per item basis, otherwise it will not happen. You can update the whole library, but for some reason this still does not get the same results as refreshing an item separately.

Also, there still is no option to just update one specific metadata line either. For example, there is no way for me to update only the Actors on a specific movie or library.

So you can tell me to stop using it, but there are no native alternatives, even though most of this was requested years ago and it would break stuff that, for me, is important.

Dibbes
On 1/19/2022 at 3:26 PM, Luke said:

I mean to say I would use nfo instead, which is the server's default format 

NFO or XML, the issue stays the same...

On 1/20/2022 at 1:28 PM, Dibbes said:

NFO or XML, the issue stays the same...

What issue is that?