Emby 4.6.4 to 4.6.7 upgrade

gregkodi
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

gregkodi

Hello all,

i wanted to ask what are the steps for the upgrade. Basically i followed the instruction from the forum given to me last time, and i acquired the new version manually, and installed the package manually inside the synology( fresh , i removed the old one).

Now i wanted to upgrade to the latest version, so i download the package:

emby-server-synology7_4.6.7.0_x86_64.spk  for my synology dsm 7 1621+ . And the precedure is to stop the emby app. And then just install the new package ?  will this upgrade it or remove the old one and install new one and i will lose the configurations etc ?

The emby screen states:

Version 4.6.4.0

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 4.6.7.0 is now available for download.

Thank you

@cayars

Audiomixer

@gregkodi
What I do is download the latest server for my particular synology and have it ready. I even do all this with an iPad! I open the currently running server and shut it down. I then go into the packages of synology to installed. Find Emby and do a manual install. Choose the new updated file you just downloaded and follow the prompts and let it install. It will simply update and refresh your server so when finished, you are running the latest server and all your data and setting are left intact. 
This is what I do.

Edited by Audiomixer
  • Like 2

• Solution

I would get in the habit of not skipping versions during an install.

We always test for new installs and for upgrades from the previous version but not for multiple version jumps.  In this case it's likely not a big deal but still I'd say the rule to install each and every release version holds for the best experience.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/

You will see there is a 4.6.6 release, so I'd upgrade to that first, then from 4.6.6 to 4.6.7.

• Thanks 1

but not for multiple version jumps

We do, but within reason. The larger the gap, the greater potential for upgrade related problems.

gregkodi

Thank you all for the prompt replies and steps. Will give it a go in this case.

Once again, thank you..

//Everything worked with installing the latest version (i did skip the middle one) , configuration is how it was. Super happy.

Edited by gregkodi
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1