Flickering on Newly added only on advanced homepage view

Sarakha63
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Sarakha63

Hello

Since android 11 (i guess)  on the shield. Whenever i navigate trough the homepage in the section Newly added i have some weird flickering on each cover i'm on depending on the category. 

i noticed that if i switch off the option "advanced homepage" the flickering doesnt happen. So it happens only with advanced homepage.

It just look likes it reloads the cover i'm on.

regards

Hi.  When that view is enabled, the first time you land on any item, it does re-load in order to get all the extra information to display above.  This is not new.  It has behaved this was pretty much since inception of that view.

Sarakha63
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  When that view is enabled, the first time you land on any item, it does re-load in order to get all the extra information to display above.  This is not new.  It has behaved this was pretty much since inception of that view.

on each start of the app on the client ?

i didn't notice that before and tought it was related to my recent shield update.

it's suppose to do that on each start and on each item ? because i have some categories where i'm sure it never does it

• Solution

When we retrieve a list of items, we don't retrieve all the bulky information like the summary but, when you have that view enabled, the summary is displayed above the item, so we re-retrieve in order to get that.  Only happens the first time an item is focused.  Whether you actually notice it is a factor of just how long it takes to do the retrieval probably.

Sarakha63
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

When we retrieve a list of items, we don't retrieve all the bulky information like the summary but, when you have that view enabled, the summary is displayed above the item, so we re-retrieve in order to get that.  Only happens the first time an item is focused.  Whether you actually notice it is a factor of just how long it takes to do the retrieval probably.

ok as the behavior is standard i marked the post as solved

thanks ;)