Having trouble connecting Emby for Android TV on Nvidia Shield Pro

mldardy

I installed an Emby server on my pc and scanned all of my libraries successfully. When I go to install Emby for Android TV, I enter the server address manually and I am unable to connect to the IP address for the Emby server I installed. What am I doing wrong or a step that I  am missing?

Spaceboy
9 minutes ago, mldardy said:

I installed an Emby server on my pc and scanned all of my libraries successfully. When I go to install Emby for Android TV, I enter the server address manually and I am unable to connect to the IP address for the Emby server I installed. What am I doing wrong or a step that I  am missing?

have you allowed emby through the firewall on your pc? can you access emby from any other device?

seanbuff

Is there a firewall on the Emby Server PC? Have you allowed connections or disabled that?

Just now, Spaceboy said:

have you allowed emby through the firewall on your pc? can you access emby from any other device?

I'm not sure about firewall, how do I check that. I installed on my phone and can't get to it when I put in IP address.

2 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Is there a firewall on the Emby Server PC? Have you allowed connections or disabled that?

I don't know about a firewall.  How do I check that? Not sure on allowing connections either, how do I check that?

52 minutes ago, mldardy said:

Thanks to all of your assistance. I was able to get this fixed.

What was the solution?

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

What was the solution?

I downloaded Emby Server on the shield and also followed the instructions on adding a firewall rule and that worked.