Issues with Emby on LG TV

Bobby121418

Bobby121418

Hi,

Since the last update I am finding some issues and instabilities with Emby on LG SmartTv. The current Emby version installed is 1.0.31.

TV is OLED65B8SLC

TV's current software version is 05.40.09

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to roll back to previous Emby app?

Thanks

Best

Edited by Bobby121418

Olá! Também estou percebendo alguns travamentos no App web lg smartv ao navegar pelas opções. Foi após a última atualização. Ia fazer esse comentário, mas como vc já falou, vamos esperar a correção. E também venho cobrando uma atualização no App, interface do emby há tempos. O plex fez essa mudança e ficou muito similar ao Amazon prime, estou testando o plex, e está também havendo alguns travamentos sutil no App ao navegar.. já disseram que irão corrigir na próxima versão. Estou no aguardo do emby fazer  mudança para um App simples e rápido para navegar... E que não dê autonomia para o usuário fazer muitas mudanças... 

Bobby121418

Hi Luke,

The issues seen are mainly with 4K video files. 3 examples:

1. A funny square appears on top left and the picture is not decoded. Please see attached photo.

2. The file does  not play and the circle on the screen keeps turning. See attached photo.

3. A video file that once worked stops almost immediately after hitting play, the CPU shoots up to 99% ( its an old athlon x2 - but works where no 4k transcoding required)

Stats for nerds does not show transcoding on any of these. Further, the app on android device seems to work fine with all 3 files.

A y suggestions appreciated. 

Thanks

Best

20220117_193925.jpg

20220117_194008.jpg

Bobby121418

Hi,

So, I have tried the following video files in the order below and obtained the results below:

The Hunt for the Red October - black scree, image never comes

Aladdin - garbled square at the top left hand of screen

back to the future - ok
indiana jones - ok

The time for these was 2pm local and 9am EST.

I am attaching several logs for your info. Hope they help.

Thanks 

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-3155ecc1-1a2c-411a-b4ed-dcb896cadb09_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-b29da9a0-1a81-4924-af98-3ac960b496c8_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-bd253719-69de-46d4-b831-4ecb1a9a2d9e_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-ea5f5dc7-b8e3-4dda-9814-d71e08950ddb_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-f0aa6fb1-2715-402e-bc1e-2a6b6ad71605_1.txt

Bobby121418

Hi, can you try resetting server transcoding settings back to defaults?

>>>>>  Non-Default Encoder Parameters
Warning EncoderParametersH264LibX.ConstantRateFactor: Original: 23 Actual: 30

Thanks.

Bobby121418

Hi Luke, could you please let me know how. I reset the entire NAS on daily basis and took the latest logs right after a bootup. Does that not do the job?

Thanks

Hi, simply go into server transcoding settings and set the CRF option back to 23, then try to play again and see if that helps. Thanks.

Bobby121418

Hi, I have tried 23 and a few other values, even going as low as 10 and high as 30, but I am still seeing the same issues with those files. Additionally I am seeing continous stop/start on other files which before showed no issues.

I was going to say this is only seen on the app on LG TV but now I noticed that some issues are also seen on the android app, where  efore I had none. Not sure when that was updated.

Thanks

Bobby121418

Hi there,

So, I got a Chromecast Ultra thinking that I would get a better result than with the LG TV app, but as I cast from my Android device to the Chromecast I see that the server is transcoding and the cpu shoots up to 99%. On the phone I cannot find how to check any stat for nerds nor whether the Quality setting is set to something lower than the original, causing a need for transcoding. Is there a way to find out why transcoding is taking place?

Should I open this in another thread?

Thanks

Bobby121418

Hi again,

Issue with LG TV resolved.

I realised the sound on all those files was set to default TRUEHD 7.1 so changing to AC3 5.1 solved the issue and files play fine. The only one that is still causing issues and causing transcoding is the Hunt For The Red October. I am not sure why.

I haven't tried the Chromecast with these settings. Will do that later.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Bobby121418 said:

Hi again,

Issue with LG TV resolved.

I realised the sound on all those files was set to default TRUEHD 7.1 so changing to AC3 5.1 solved the issue and files play fine. The only one that is still causing issues and causing transcoding is the Hunt For The Red October. I am not sure why.

I haven't tried the Chromecast with these settings. Will do that later.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there a way to find out why transcoding is taking place?

The server dashboard will contain the now playing information with the transcoding reason.

• 1 month later...
Tomek_etz1

Morning guys

Will add to this topic that all TRUEHD 7.1 was working fine before update on my LG 65OLED (native Atmos support) tv and with my Denon Arc Atmos Home Cinema.  Something did change as my olmost 200 titles of 4k TRUEHD 7.1 and Atmos movies was working fine - now none of them works on LG. No issues on my Iphone, Ipad, laptop also in Chrome browser works fine. Is there a way to go back a version ? :)

Regards Tom 

Locutus64
On 1/16/2022 at 6:11 PM, cassete said:

Olá! Também estou percebendo alguns travamentos no App web lg smartv ao navegar pelas opções. Foi após a última atualização. Ia fazer esse comentário, mas como vc já falou, vamos esperar a correção. E também venho cobrando uma atualização no App, interface do emby há tempos. O plex fez essa mudança e ficou muito similar ao Amazon prime, estou testando o plex, e está também havendo alguns travamentos sutil no App ao navegar.. já disseram que irão corrigir na próxima versão. Estou no aguardo do emby fazer  mudança para um App simples e rápido para navegar... E que não dê autonomia para o usuário fazer muitas mudanças... 

Lets keep it in English please.  Please edit you post and add a English translation. Thanks

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Tomek_etz1 said:

Morning guys

Will add to this topic that all TRUEHD 7.1 was working fine before update on my LG 65OLED (native Atmos support) tv and with my Denon Arc Atmos Home Cinema.  Something did change as my olmost 200 titles of 4k TRUEHD 7.1 and Atmos movies was working fine - now none of them works on LG. No issues on my Iphone, Ipad, laptop also in Chrome browser works fine. Is there a way to go back a version ? :)

Regards Tom 

Hi there @Tomek_etz1 can we please look at an example?

Thanks !

Tomek_etz1
Tomek_etz1
7 hours ago, Luke said:

@Tomek_etz1 Please attach the main emby server log as well. What QNAP model do you have? In all of these log examples  you're just not getting fast enough transcoding from your server machine.

Hi Luke.

There should be no Transcoding - direct play i`m sure as x265,4k and all audio formats all the way to Atmos natively supported

Server is using 256GB SSD for System, M.2 PCIe 256GB SSD for cache and 2 x 8TB Nas Drives Toshiba N300

Transcoding if needed on my phone or any other device is almost instant. Everything works with no issues - only problem too many changes to know what went wrong, TV Firmware updated, Emby Updated, Server Emby updated

I will spend more time and redo all but any movies i have in my library working fine before now wont play when Atmos or ThrueHD main Audio codec. Will run some dignostics when all fresh install and get back to you then. Moving house now so this is not my main priority 

Server details 2.jpg

Server details.jpg

Locutus64
On 1/16/2022 at 6:11 PM, cassete said:

If you see the thread is in English provide the English translation of your post.

Tomek_etz1

Morning Luke. Looks like LG did something with new Firmware update and no ThrueHd passthrue working at all - tested with Plex, Emby and direct play using Video Player.

All other formats working fine. Currently up to my eyes with house move but will try to downgrade firmware when free to bring back this function. Most of my movies are full 4K HDR10 and ThrueHD 

Thank you for you help.