R pi running emby server doesnt show tv show folder

ShakaRule

ShakaRule

Hello

I am running emby server version 4.6.7 on a raspberry pi. I can access it with its lan ip addres with my computer.
I have an external hdd connecte to my raspberry pi. I bound the mount to a folder in my user's home folder.
i have the following folder structure: /home/pi/media/TV/tvshow/Season x/videofiles
when i add the 'TV' folder as tv shows on emby, it doesnt contain any videos when i look for it on the web browser emby client.

I also have the issue that i cant connect with the android app. i use the correct ip and port. this also doesnt work if try to connect through the emby public site. i can see my raspberry pi server when im logged in, but i cant connect to it.

Regarding connections, you may need to ensure ports are open through a firewall. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection Troubleshooter: 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

ShakaRule

Hi, the connection firewall shouldnt be a problem since i can connect tonit from my pc, but not from my android phone.

Is it correct that i can use my raspberry pi's local ip adress to connect with the android app?

ShakaRule
On 1/17/2022 at 1:18 AM, Luke said:

Regarding connections, you may need to ensure ports are open through a firewall. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection Troubleshooter: 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

I will try to fix this issue later. I will take a look then. But for now i can connect to it from my laptop, so i can try to watch something with that.

ShakaRule
On 1/17/2022 at 1:16 AM, Luke said:

Hi there, did you complete the initial library scan after setting up that library?

I did a library scan, it doesnt do much.

ShakaRule
On 1/17/2022 at 1:16 AM, Luke said:

Hi there, did you complete the initial library scan after setting up that library?

i even verified the video files are using the correct naming convention

ShakaRule
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@ShakaRule how many emby libraries have you created and what folder paths did you add to each one?

1 library, tv show

/home/pi/media/TV

Thiz containe. Show with this structure: show (2009)/season 1/ep

ShakaRule
57 minutes ago, Luke said:

What show? Can you please show us the complete file and folder structure? Thanks.

/media/pi/media/TV/Misfits (2009)/Season 1