Samsung Tizen SmartTV (2015 - Present) - Transcoding Kill Timer stop

Brudertac

Brudertac

Hey there,

a Friend of mine uses the Tizen App (actual Version) on his TV - connected to EMBY (Version 4.7.0.20 beta).

Since some Updates of Emby  Server (Or Samsung App - i am not sure on this) the Samsung TV APP Closes itself when he tries to start a TV Serie or Movie.
It happens not on all Media.... The Logs shows then this for example:

Info EncodingManager: Transcoding kill timer stopped for JobId 

I add Emby Log too. Is this a known Problem?

Thanks!

best regards

Brudertac

embyserver .txt

Brudertac
42 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what version of the Samsung app?

But this happened also with an older Version. I believe it connects to Emby Server Beta 19 or 20. Not sure....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Brudertac

How can i do this? One File is about 8GB in Size. Will you download this complete or is there a way to "cut" a part from it? Never done this... :)

BTW: It looks like that Emby still continue to Transcode the File while the APP on the TV is crashed. (Closed itself).

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Brudertac said:

How can i do this? One File is about 8GB in Size. Will you download this complete or is there a way to "cut" a part from it? Never done this... :)

BTW: It looks like that Emby still continue to Transcode the File while the APP on the TV is crashed. (Closed itself).

You can split your mkv by time, chapter, etc using mkvtoolnix.  Just make sure you still have the issue after splitting and before uploading to a share site.  Then PM the link to Luke

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Brudertac said:

@Luke

PM Send to you... Thanks

BTW: Still the same with 4.7.0.28

I notice the same file is pretty small. Did you make sure the problem also happens with the sample?