SSL auto renew Ubuntu 20.04

JuJuJurassic

JuJuJurassic

Hi all,

I’m trying to add ssl to my Emby server. I’m trying to look at “let’s encrypt” and “certbot” so it auto renews and it’s a “install and forget” installation.

I’ve looked for guides and how to’s, but I can only find windows or self signed certificate versions.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

JuJuJurassic

Thanks for that, anything in a little more detail? More a guide if possible, as it says it needs port 80. Unfortunately port 80’is already in use so I need to leave Emby on its default ports.
Thanks

Edited by JuJuJurassic

21 hours ago, JuJuJurassic said:

Thanks for that, anything in a little more detail? More a guide if possible, as it says it needs port 80. Unfortunately port 80’is already in use so I need to leave Emby on its default ports.
Thanks

I would look at doing it via DNS, this depends on who your domain name provider is, most allow dns api access, this negates the need for http validation.

for example take a look here for a guide AcmeDNSGuide

I use DNS validation in my Swag Docker which handles my certificates and it works a treat basically you grant access via api to your domain provider and it places a txt file in your records to validate you own it, then it deletes the txt file and issues a cert

I just took a look inside the swag proxy docker and they have pre made dns auth for the following providers:

1617638070_Screenshot2022-01-17at19_52_01.thumb.png.a01b5b41f1c1f1bb457a14b2997d04df.png

If your providers there let me know as each file has instructions on what to do which may help

Edited by CassTG