Playback Error after changing MyCloudPR4100 from OS 3 to OS 5

KellyEmby

KellyEmby

I recently forced to changedMyCloudPR4100 from OS 3 to OS 5 (grrrr) and now my Emby Server does not want to work correctly, I keep getting “Playback Error. No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.”  I have looked through a lot of sites and see that others are having “Playback Error. …”, but haven’t quite found the fix for me.

I had previously set up an Emby Server on a Win10 PC were I was working with ‘stuff in process’.  I disconnected the HD’s connected on that Win10 PC Emby Server and connected the HD’s from the MyCloudPR4100 Server so the family would have access to most of the library.  Emby works just fine when it is using the PC Emby Server, but will not play videos when I us the MyCloudPR4100 Server.

I have rebooted both the MyCloudPR4100 Server & Win10 PC systems with no change.  I also tried Emby Theater and it didn’t work. I have Emby Premiere so I tried the mobile app but it didn’t work either.  But they all work off the Win10 PC Emby Server J.  My wife wants the MyCloudPR4100 Server back because it is much smaller that the full sized Win10 PC desktop computer!!

Can someone point me in the right direction, I am only slightly above a newbie.

Thank you.

embyserver (1).txt

KellyEmby

Hi Luke, yes I didn't install the OS5  version of Emby. I even installed Plex wondering if that would help as it was an app already included thru WDMyCloud.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled Emby.

KellyEmby

Hi,

I tried many things, but it came down to the MyCloudPR4100 Server, running the new OS 5, changed the required path to the folders on the hard drives!!  They used to be \\MyCloudPR4100\... (or the ip address) but now wants /shares/... or that is the way my setup went, I am only slightly above a newbie.

I hope this helps someone else.

Now to rebuild my Libraries because I had deleted them to trying to find the solution. 

Thank you for your help.

KellyEmby

So, a question. 

When I deleted all my libraries, did I also lose all the stuff that I had organized, or when I add the library's back will that information still be available to me?

KellyEmby

So, a question. 

When I deleted all my libraries, did I also lose all the stuff that I had organized, or when I add the library's back will that information still be available to me?

KellyEmby

This has been an extremely frustrating experience, I must still have some kind of a problem with my WD cloud drive because only a portion of my  videos were accessed. 

When I started re-creating the Library's they wouldn't create, no OK at the bottom. Does anyone know how to fix the server settings for this situation, I don't even know what to look for. 

About the question about losing the library stuff... I had to go back in and fix some of the links that I had to do the first time, but then I knew what I was doing this time so it was not as bad as the first time.

Right now I have moved Emby back to the PC and have physically moved external drives around so my wife is happier with the looks. However, iam experiencing a problem of the PC not showing all of my drives...does someone have a suggestion for me. I have tried several, but really ended up just connecting less drives to the PC (I have a powered 10 port USB3 Hub theworled very well on the WDMYCLOUD Server.) (OH, I wish I had see the comment that said Emby was going to continue supporting OS 3 before I made this upgrade.)

What about making a small PLEX library to compare setting... the WDMYCLOUD does have an app for it... anyone's thoughts???

On 1/17/2022 at 7:43 PM, KellyEmby said:

This has been an extremely frustrating experience, I must still have some kind of a problem with my WD cloud drive because only a portion of my  videos were accessed. 

When I started re-creating the Library's they wouldn't create, no OK at the bottom. Does anyone know how to fix the server settings for this situation, I don't even know what to look for. 

About the question about losing the library stuff... I had to go back in and fix some of the links that I had to do the first time, but then I knew what I was doing this time so it was not as bad as the first time.

Right now I have moved Emby back to the PC and have physically moved external drives around so my wife is happier with the looks. However, iam experiencing a problem of the PC not showing all of my drives...does someone have a suggestion for me. I have tried several, but really ended up just connecting less drives to the PC (I have a powered 10 port USB3 Hub theworled very well on the WDMYCLOUD Server.) (OH, I wish I had see the comment that said Emby was going to continue supporting OS 3 before I made this upgrade.)

What about making a small PLEX library to compare setting... the WDMYCLOUD does have an app for it... anyone's thoughts???

Hi, where is the PC not showing all of your drives?

KellyEmby

Hi, it is in the "This PC" explorer window.  I was able to get the important drives to work, but have 1 that is not being recognized by PC4 (desktop name) but is recognized by PC5 (again desktop name).  I do have a new USB3 Hub ordered that should be here within the next few days and I hope that fixes the problem on PC4.

Since my earlier post I had significant problems with MyCloudPR4100 so have moved everything that I can over to PC4.

About the MyCloudPR4100 Server. I was trying to do a Factory Restore, but didn't want to totally lose the stuff off the 4ea 6TB drives that were in the Server. I shut down the Server and removed all 4 drives... but the Server needed drives to reboot... tried putting them back in but still said i had no drives... the final result with 1ea 6TB drive installed (or all 4 reinstalled) is "No drives installed", "Insert Hard Drive Please insert hard drive(s) into the slots of the My Cloud PR4100 system in order to setup the system properly. To purchase hard drives, please visit the WD Store. Once the hard drive(s) is inserted, click Continue."

I just don't know enough about what to do here to figure out the next step... I really hate to lose the $ investment for the server, but this MyCloudPR4100 Server running OS5 just sucks.  Have I ruined the Server? Is this something that can be fixed? Or, should the question be what Server should I replace this one with?  My Server needs are mostly EMBY and a little file sharing.  I read on the site about someone else that was using FileZilla for Server needs.

Right now we are using PC4 with the Emby Windows Server on it and a USB3 Hub to connect the external drives too it.  I am loving how responsive Emby is on PC4, the MyCloudPR4100 Server with OS3 was good but not this good. I was showing drive temperatures of 105F to 110F with OS5 which prompted me to I try to make a change.

If I do a different server, I now Emby has a list of minimums. But what "extras" might I look for? Processor or Memory or Video Card...I could just upgrade PC4 with some newer stuff.

Yah, this problem kind of went sideways on me. I hope someone might have a guesstimate as to what I might try next.

Thank you.

KellyEmby

Hi Luke,

An update. I was able to get MyCloudPR4100 Server up and running again, but it auto updated to OS5 (oh well...I have turned auto update off and might try resetting to OS3 at a later date).  I had to format the drive to get it to read, so I lost all that stuff (I do have it backup to another source so will be okay).

I have loaded Emby Server for the OS5 and have added a few files to mess around with. Emby works on my Local network.  However, on both servers I can not get Emby Connect to work, will you point me toward the resource I need to follow to fix this.  I have already done a lot of reading to figure this out, but maybe I have read too much and have confused myself.

Thank you.

KellyEmby

I have an additional question about mapping drives.  Before I found Emby I stored my stuff on different exterior drives based on type, as I rebuild my libraries would it be better to map the drives or just change the library file location as I have been doing?

Thank you.

I have loaded Emby Server for the OS5 and have added a few files to mess around with. Emby works on my Local network.  However, on both servers I can not get Emby Connect to work, will you point me toward the resource I need to follow to fix this.  I have already done a lot of reading to figure this out, but maybe I have read too much and have confused myself.

Hi, can you please describe this in more detail? What exactly happens?

21 hours ago, KellyEmby said:

I have an additional question about mapping drives.  Before I found Emby I stored my stuff on different exterior drives based on type, as I rebuild my libraries would it be better to map the drives or just change the library file location as I have been doing?

Thank you.

On Windows at least I would try to give Emby Server the direct location, although using a mapped drive should be fine too.

KellyEmby

About Emby Connect. I seem to have an account, I seem to be able to login just fine as long as I am on the LAN.

The steps I use.

1) At home with wifi turned OFF on my cell phone (to be out of my LAN) I get "Connection Failure", using the Emby App on Android S21 phone

2) now I try "Sign in with Emby Connect -> user name -> password -> Select Server ->> "Connection Failure"  Same for both servers and "Add Server"

3)However, when I turn the wifi back ON I can connect to BOTH Servers and to Emby Connect (which brings up the Select Server screen)

I must have a bad setting somewhere. 

22 minutes ago, KellyEmby said:

About Emby Connect. I seem to have an account, I seem to be able to login just fine as long as I am on the LAN.

The steps I use.

1) At home with wifi turned OFF on my cell phone (to be out of my LAN) I get "Connection Failure", using the Emby App on Android S21 phone

2) now I try "Sign in with Emby Connect -> user name -> password -> Select Server ->> "Connection Failure"  Same for both servers and "Add Server"

3)However, when I turn the wifi back ON I can connect to BOTH Servers and to Emby Connect (which brings up the Select Server screen)

I must have a bad setting somewhere. 

Did you turn off remote access in Emby Server network settings?

KellyEmby

Thank you about the mapping, because it won't make too much difference I will probably leave it the way it is so my Libraries will not have to be re-generated.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, KellyEmby said:

No, it has a green check mark. "Server > Network > Allow remote connections to this Emby Server"

OK, I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

KellyEmby

I have been successful !!!

I did not have a Remote access IP previously on the MyCloudPR4100 Server until I re-set and re-installed everything.

Connection Help, uses a term I need a little clarification on "proceeding with connecting from Emby apps."  These are the ones from the DOWNLOAD page right.  So using those Apps & Devices and using Emby Connect I now should be able to connect remotely?  Yes, I hope.