Informations

PapaMok

31 minutes ago, PapaMok said:
My problem is not fixed, I still can’t read my files (FFmpeg error)
How to return to the previous version on my Shield@cayarsplease ?

Hi, the problem is related to the new Shield OS version, not the emby server version.

Can you try installing Emby Server 4.6.7 again on top of itself? Thanks.

Satanasss

Salut,

Pour info, j'utilise aussi une Shield (mise à jour hier vers 9.0), par contre le serveur Emby et sur PC et tout fonctionne correctement.

• Serveur Emby : V 4.7.0.20
  • Emby Shield : V 2.0.63 ICI

Audiomixer

I installed the .20 beta on shield. Deleted a test library and added that back in. It picked up everything correctly.

Do make sure @PapaMok that you Try this. In the shield go to settings>apps>see all apps>show system apps and drill down to Emby server. Open it and drill down to permissions and set files and media to “allow.”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Audiomixer said:

Do make sure @PapaMok that you Try this. In the shield go to settings>apps>see all apps>show system apps and drill down to Emby server. Open it and drill down to permissions and set files and media to “allow.”

OK I’ll try this, thanks @Audiomixer

Satanasss
4 minutes ago, PapaMok said:

Salut @Satanasss

Et tout fonctionne bien pour toi ? La lecture aussi ?

Oui, tout fonctionne (lecture), en local depuis la Shield 9.0 ou depuis l’extérieur.

Edited by Satanasss

3 minutes ago, Satanasss said:

Oui, tout fonctionne (lecture), en local depuis la Shield 9.0 ou depuis l’extérieur.

Même des fichiers ajoutés depuis la dernière mise à jour ? Parce qu'en fait, moi ça fonctionnait avec d'anciens médias (ajoutés avant la mise à jour), mais pas les nouveaux

Alors.. tout refonctionne, mais je ne sais pas comment ! lol
La seule différence, c'est que là j'ai installé Emby Serveur sur la mémoire interne, alors qu'avant je l'installais sur ma clé USB (formatée comme mémoire étendue de la Shield)

2 minutes ago, Audiomixer said:

now that explains it perfectly!

Ah.. the problem it was with the USB ??

Audiomixer
1 minute ago, PapaMok said:

Ah.. the problem it was with the USB ??

Yes most definitely. That is a current known issue. If I had known you were using usb storage for you Emby server data, this would have been easy. Personally I have never trusted usb storage on shield going back years. Seems every update breaks it yet again and now with google requirements on usb storage, it has made maintaining it even more difficult. Nvidia is working hard with google and others to make it all work again.

In any case you got it working! 😀

Ah, OK.. I put everything on USB because before I was using Plex, and the server took up almost all the space on the internal memory of the Shield, because I have a lot of multimedia files.. but I have the impression that it takes less place with Emby Server.. well we'll see! Thank you so much for the info and help! :) :)

Audiomixer

True. On plex i limit metadata to thumbnails and basic info. No video previews or extra stuff. 

nickysilver

Same kinds of issues here. I installed the hot fix. 

Emby is running again, but there are issues and all my metadata is gone (for 2500 movies).

I may just delete Emby and start over.

(I have turned auto update OFF on the shield!! If I ever get things working. I will NEVER update again!)

2 minutes ago, nickysilver said:

Same kinds of issues here. I installed the hot fix. 

Emby is running again, but there are issues and all my metadata is gone (for 2500 movies).

I may just delete Emby and start over.

(I have turned auto update OFF on the shield!! If I ever get things working. I will NEVER update again!)

Me too.. the updates are scary, I’ll think twice next time!!

Having the same problems on my shield after upgrading to new 9.0 and hotfix installed.

I'm using a 2TB USB SSD attached as extended storage for the Shield not external.

How did you install emby and force to internal storage on the Shield?

On 1/18/2022 at 1:52 PM, yarafie said:

Having the same problems on my shield after upgrading to new 9.0 and hotfix installed.

I'm using a 2TB USB SSD attached as extended storage for the Shield not external.

How did you install emby and force to internal storage on the Shield?

Hi, there's more info here:

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, I have exactly the same problem.

Nvidia Shield TV latest updated

Emby Server 4.7.0.24

CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "/mnt/expand/d625ea7b-ef26-4d70-acde-5f4ee684055e/user/0/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg": library "libnativehelper.so" not found: needed by /system/lib/libmediandk.so in namespace (default)

I cannot sing up for the hotfix anymore...What can I do?
None of the IPTV channels are working

So the solution is to revert to the non beta release of Emby?

My Shield does not have any USB storage, but it uses and SD card configured as Android storage

I checked all permissions, Emby is allowed to write onto storage.

Edited by luke79

6 minutes ago, luke79 said:

So the solution is to revert to the non beta release of Emby?

My Shield does not have any USB storage, but it uses and SD card configured as Android storage

I checked all permissions, Emby is allowed to write onto storage.

Hi, no the solution is to install Emby Server onto internal storage rather than the SD card.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, no the solution is to install Emby Server onto internal storage rather than the SD card.

Wow, that was fast: thank you!

Thank you, when I setup the Emby Server APK, I don't get a choice on where to install it, I will try to see if the NVIDIA OS allows me to move it.

Else I will rip it off and re-install it, IF I figure out how to choose where .