Ember for Emby Closes Immediately After Opening It

gihayes

gihayes

I just bought Ember for Emby from the Microsoft store and it shows the purple splash screen then closes, several seconds after opening it. I am running it on the same computer I have my Emby server running. I've tried repairing it, resetting, and uninstalling and reinstalling which did not resolve its behaviour. Any ideas why it is doing this. My server works fine from Edge or Chrome prowsers and from my android app on my phone. ???

gihayes

Emby Theater from the Microsoft Store works fine. But Ember still closes.

I first enabled the Loopback adapter following instructions from here:
How to enable loopback adapter in Windows 10 – A programmer's notebook 💻☕ (basementmedia.no)
and rebooted.

That did not work. I enabled the loopback adapter, but Ember still closed. I then ran the command listed in the "Streamline loopback ..." post above
CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n=436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4
and rebooted.

That has not resolved the issue either. Ember for Emby closes within 30 seconds of opening it showing only the green splash screen. I can't even see what the app really looks like. lol. I am running Win 11 Pro and have an Emby Premier membership. Any others ideas? I'd appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

Happy2Play

Getting the same in my test.

Only thing I could find is in the Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: Ember.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f612cae
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.22526.1000, time stamp: 0xbeceed8d
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x000000000083a610
Faulting process id: 0x1a20
Faulting application start time: 0x01d808f7a190a3de
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_4.6.577.0_x64__77hd5e1v1hqs4\Ember.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Report Id: 35ea8182-9138-401a-91d5-54331a8c9598
Faulting package full name: 436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_4.6.577.0_x64__77hd5e1v1hqs4
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

But doesn't look like @7illusionshas be on here in a while.  Not sure if it is relevant as my test system is Windows 11 also.

• Like 1

gihayes

Thanks for the Event log. Seems the problem is definitely Ember and not me anyway. I also left a tweet on his Twitter page yesterday. If I don't get a solution. I will get try to get a refund from Microsoft. 

Hi,

I can confirm that the problem seems to be incompatibility between ember and Win 11.  The app is crashing during the initial configuration routine.  7 will need to make changes for it to install correctly on Win 11. The app itself needs to be updated to support some recent changes in the emby server. 

I will also try to reach out to @7illusionsas well. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
vickystuart001

Hi guys, I bought the ember for emby app on xbox series x, but I'm experiencing the same issue. It opens the splash screen but then closes in 2-3 seconds.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Superdave024

I recently got Ember for my Series S and have the same issue. I think the app is dead in the water. Ive just been accessing Emby through the Edge browser. Just login to your account on the Emby website. Hope this helps. It also looks like Kodi may have a plugin so that may be another work around.