Backdrop Screensaver Improvements

Mibok

I think that backdrop screensaver is a great feature but needs some improvements mainly more config options, some of this were posted already in a feature request to have an AndroidTV independent screensaver app, but i think that this could be great additions to the core Backdrop Screensaver as well, so i hope this takes a little bit of more attention that the AndroidTV one, options like:

• Option to ignore libraries so its possible for example to ignore music (artist) backdrops or Series backdrops.
  • Rating filter independent of user rating limit so i can left my user screensaver running without worrying about some backdrops showing.
  • Move the text with the tittle of the movie/show to different corners every 2-3 backdrops (to avoid burn in).
  • Chose the color of the font with the tittle of the movie/show or take the same config as the Subtitles settings of the user.
  • Option to show clock.
  • More transition effects.
  • A way to set the idle time before the screen saver shows.

Those are the ones that comes to my head at this moment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...
Baenwort

My first and primary one (as it would fix many without other options or UI changes) would be able to just have a default 'screensaver' folder that if pictures are placed it then Emby pulls from it alone but if there are none then it follows the current behavior.

The UI and customizations you ask for above are great ideas but at this point I'd like a simple change that could happen sooner!

• Thanks 2