File art instead of album art

Guest RaimundMit

Guest RaimundMit

One of my libraries contains only folders with mixed songs - the tags are adapted to work better for DLNA usage - therefore e.g. the title is "Darkness", but the album is "Pop-Shuffle".

As the Folder contains ~150 titles i would like to use the embedded cover art for all of them (as it differs mostly).

Even tho i have Media extracting activated (and it works) all songs in one album have the cover from the first one - is it possible to change that?

P.S. i used to have my organised library and the 'mixed folders in one server, so i gave them all the artist "Playlists" to not destroy the artist and ablum tab with many duplicates/incomplete artists

MFG Raimund image.thumb.png.9b54db05d70d750c4d2162918bf467ac.png

Hello RaimundMit,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, we use the same for each track in an album as an optimization, but an option to control this is always possible.

Guest RaimundMit

This option would be awesome.

I found a few other Threads (older ones) having the same problem.

Funny fact: VLC does the same (caching the album art and when artist and album dont change they load it from the cache)

I personally would put a slider in the hidden options of library (where the "pre download art" option is), as it will slow down library scanning (at least i think so)

Thanks in advance - could you reply to this thread if the option makes it in the program?

Mfg Raimund