wrong folder path in additional libraries for same type

FrederikB

FrederikB

I've encountered what I believe is a bug, probably easy to fix, in the Linux server. While I was tracing folder access errors, later to my embarrassment caused by simple wrong folder permissions, I created multiple libraries for Music Videos. One, the first I created, would have the normal path with a fair number of music videos (/media/Video/Muziek); then 2 additional with the type Music Videos but each of them would have one folder with a test video. Those 2 test folders were not in the Music Folder tree but separate and from the device's root folder (/media/Video/Music/American.../test1 and test2).

As a result I had 3 images in the Admin UI with Music Videos. 2 of them with the test folders. I waited until the libraries where created and scanned - and then while I wanted to change some parameters I clicked on one of the two images with the additional test folders, or on the three dots and then Edit - the form opened and that didn't show the correct path the library was created in, but the path of the first 'normal' Music Video library. That was obviously not what I expected.

The strange behavior goes one step further - testing it again today- : while the emby server is scanning the new library, clicking the three dots (or the not yet completed preview image) shows the right folder path, but once it's created and the preview image is there, the wrong path is displayed.

Just a small thing and I'm sure not very common but i thought I'd let you guys know. No idea if a Windows Server has the same behavior.

the pictures below show 1) my libraries created during testing 2) the folder paths of 2 test libraries and 3) the folder path in that library after scanning is complete.

1 Music Libraries one normal and 2 test folders.jpg

2 Creating the second and third library.jpg

3 second and third library have wrong path.jpg

Edited by FrederikB
picture comments.

FrederikB

Actually, thinking about this, the behavior is most probably caused by the fact that not only the library type is the same in all tested (music videos) type libraries, but also the (automatically created) name of the libraries. If that is the case, an auto number increase at the time of creation such as Muziekvideo's(1) would be a simple solution. 

Hi, the second image is not from library paths but rather the server directory picker dialog. Does that help clear anything up?

FrederikB

Hi Luke, you are right I just added that last image to show the different folder. Not so clear, apologies. I.ve included a very short movie of three libraries that have an identical category of which two ALSO have the same library name (but different folders) and another having a different folder AND a different library name. OK it's not a big deal because by now I know I need to give a second same-category library a different name in the UI, but 1.the behaviour confused me while being new and doing testing and 2. for elegancy's sake this should be prevented. Maybe not such a big deal to change it.