tongyi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I've tried a lot like "zh-tw,zh-hk,zh-tr,cht,chinese triditional" 

but emby only treat them as "Chinese"

Edited by tongyi

1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, I would use zh-tw

It comes back "chinese" only

I want to separate the "chinese simplified" and the "chinese triditional"822966300_emby.thumb.jpg.d995d21e9f2e55b87af6e7dec7192799.jpg

29 minutes ago, tongyi said:

It comes back "chinese" only

I want to separate the "chinese simplified" and the "chinese triditional"822966300_emby.thumb.jpg.d995d21e9f2e55b87af6e7dec7192799.jpg

It says Chinese as the display text just to make it look nicer. That's feedback we received from some other user, but I think I will remove that as it's better to just be explicit.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

It says Chinese as the display text just to make it look nicer. That's feedback we received from some other user, but I think I will remove that as it's better to just be explicit.

thanks,i see the reason.

my problem is when I set Preferred subtitle language:chinese simpified. The default language will be "chinese" but not "chinese simplified"1799653557_emby3.thumb.jpg.5a735b40e276f8e364f6491cd8588679.jpg

Maybe we could change the priority or make the "chinese triditional" invisible or allow users to choose which they like?

• Solution

We can just show the whole language name going forward. For now best thing to do just just pretend that it says Chinese Traditional, because it only impacts the display name.

8 minutes ago, Luke said:

We can just show the whole language name going forward. For now best thing to do just just pretend that it says Chinese Traditional, because it only impacts the display name.

haha ,thank you

On 1/11/2022 at 4:10 AM, Luke said:

I have the excatly same problem, and I see an old request also metioned it. Hpoe you can fix it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 9:41 AM, Happy2Play said:

Do not know all variables but here is zh-cn and zh-tw in beta 4.7.0.20. @tongyi

image.png.c2e0d2c594f5cdc9eb123d5ad5fe53a4.png

cool,it worked properly

By the way, is emby support bilingual?

5 hours ago, tongyi said:

cool,it worked properly

By the way, is emby support bilingual?

Yes we do have language specific sections of the community you can use if preferred, thanks.

ironstress

Both chi and zh-TW / zh-HK / zh-CN are now just displayed in Chinese Simplified(AAS)

Both chi and chs / cht are now just displayed in Chinese(AAS)

version=4.7.0.18

Edited by ironstress

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, ironstress said:

Both chi and zh-TW / zh-HK / zh-CN are now just displayed in Chinese Simplified(AAS)

Both chi and chs / cht are now just displayed in Chinese(AAS)

version=4.7.0.18

Merged with existing topic but there is a change in 4.7.0.20+ as I have shown above.

• Like 1