iOS Shortcut

nbedendo

nbedendo

Hi, I falled in the world of Shortcuts and i'm coding everything, starting from home automation but also for other use. I saw that the Emby app for ios have some "Play XXXX"available actions. But i do not see a way for edit them, I'm i wrong?

Is the app accepting a X-callback-url? if yes where can i find documentation for the availabe action?

If not did you have in plan to do that? in Home Automation Emby need to be involved. :)

nbedendo

From a shortcut i can run command in the app with the URL SCHEMA similar to this one:

shortcuts://x-callback-url/run-shortcut?name=Calculate%20Tip&input=text&text=24.99&x-success=...&x-cancel=...

nbedendo

i never look in the webhook cause for domotics my personal envoronement have limited intgration. But let me have a look.

By the way on the app side, the shortcuts action available… there is a way to edit?

samuelqwe
30 minutes ago, nbedendo said:

By the way on the app side, the shortcuts action available… there is a way to edit?

Don’t think so, because I believe those are actually just Siri Suggestions, not an actual Shortcuts action.

nbedendo
2 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

Don’t think so, because I believe those are actually just Siri Suggestions, not an actual Shortcuts action.

I just started to play with the shortcuts and yes you are right... but if Siri is able to offer play command for random media in you library mean that there is a way for sent to the app a command.

There are severl app who have no suggestion and you can just run the app in a routie or with a shortcut

samuelqwe

There might be a way to do what you are asking, but I was simply responding to whether or not the "Play ####" suggestion could be modified.

You may be right though, it would make sense that if these Siri suggestions can start playback in the Emby app, then there might be a way to control it.

nbedendo

my same logic... Lets see what here the developers will say.

In any case i think that will be usefull include like with tha api for the server the X-Callback-url for the app.. shortcuts opened a lot o new possibility.

I already did for on the ipad who my kids use in the backseat while in the car an automation who set the volume in relation to some condition (call on my phone, speed over X etc) pause while i have talk with them and more...

nbedendo
1 hour ago, Luke said:

With the server webhooks feature you can specify a url that will be hit based on certain events.

who look the opposite of what i’m generally looking for… send command to emby based on IF event happen THAN do something… who for the server side is something who you can do with API.. but here i’m more focussed on the APP where iOS Shortcuts opened an entire new world of opportunity.

Tnx as usual Luke :)

22 hours ago, nbedendo said:

who look the opposite of what i’m generally looking for… send command to emby based on IF event happen THAN do something… who for the server side is something who you can do with API.. but here i’m more focussed on the APP where iOS Shortcuts opened an entire new world of opportunity.

Tnx as usual Luke :)

You want to send a command to Emby, or receive something?

samuelqwe
36 minutes ago, Luke said:

You want to send a command to Emby, or receive something?

I believe he wants to start playback in the Emby app by using an iOS Shortcut.

nbedendo

exactly the first one is for the ipad who my kids have in car.. pause emby when i receive a call on my phone, etc

• 1 year later...