"Resume" button causes ET to freeze

pmac

For quite some time now the resume button hasn't been working, when pressed it causes Emby Theater to show the loading circle indefinitely and the only way to close ET is to force close it or ALT-F4. Restarting the same media file from the beginning works fine, and the problem persists no matter which file is played. Resume works fine from the web app and the Samsung TV app, it only seems to happen with Emby Theater.

I've attached the server and theater logs from attempting to resume a tv episode.

EDIT: I also noticed that in my server log that the server seems to be communicating through my internal IP (192.168.1.240) and my OpenVPN IP (10.8.0.6); I'm not sure if this is normal behavior or not, as I'm pretty new to using VPN's, but had to use this to get around my ISP's CGNAT. I wasn't trying to access my server from outside my LAN, so I'm not sure why there'd be traffic going through my VPN IP, but maybe this is normal behavior that I'm just not used to. If anyone could clarify this for me it would help put my mind at ease.

Thanks

embyserver-63777328750.txt theater-63777328719.txt

Edited by pmac

Another bit of info I just found (which I'd still need to test more thoroughly) is that it seems as if I start an episode from the beginning (any episode) and then resume the episode I wanted to watch (a different episode from the first one), it will resume properly, rather than freezing. 

52 minutes ago, pmac said:

Another bit of info I just found (which I'd still need to test more thoroughly) is that it seems as if I start an episode from the beginning (any episode) and then resume the episode I wanted to watch (a different episode from the first one), it will resume properly, rather than freezing. 

Thanks for the info.

• 11 months later...

Just chiming in to see if there's been any update with this. I'm still having the same issue a year after starting this thread.

On 1/3/2023 at 12:40 PM, pmac said:

Just chiming in to see if there's been any update with this. I'm still having the same issue a year after starting this thread.

HI, what version of Emby Theater are you on now?

On 04/01/2023 at 14:57, Luke said:

HI, what version of Emby Theater are you on now?

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried two episodes that I happened to be part way through at the the time and they allowed me to resume without issue.

Not sure if anything's been changed, or if it was just a fluke but it seems to be working fine right now.

• Thanks 1