Unusual issue with collections after upgrading

zippy72

zippy72

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Emby through the TerraMaster App Store to version 4.6.7.0 (from a version old enough that the iPhone apps were complaining the server needed upgrading, if that helps). Since then I've noticed two strange problems, which I suspect are related somehow.

The first is that a library that I deleted is still visible on the Apple apps (iPhone and Apple TV), even though it has disappeared from the web. On the apps, it appears to be an amalgamation of everything that exists in all the other libraries.

The second is that a second copy of "Collections" has appeared in the main screen. The original "Collections" still has its original picture, but all the collections now say "[boxset]" after them, and clicking into them shows that they're empty. The second copy, which appears at the end, has a default picture (the pictures for the first four collections), and has all the original contents intact, even if some of the pictures I put on them have gone missing. I can still access the collections from the iPhone - a second "collections" button has appeared, so now I have one for each of the two collections.

I'm unsure how to approach this. Unfortunately I upgraded more than five days ago, and there aren't any log files left from when the old library still existed, or when the upgrade was performed, so I haven't bothered uploading them, but I can if you feel they'll be useful.

Have you seen this issue before? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

Simon

@Happy2Play

zippy72

Hi @Luke,

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to find that out in Terra Master. I've had a look around the root file system to try and see whether I can find any log files for the app store, but so far I haven't as yet found any.

Really all I know is as I said before - Emby for iOS 2.1.1 considered it too old.

Simon

• 4 weeks later...
Happy2Play

For Collections what do you see in Settings-Library for Collections?

As for the iOS issue I have never heard of a device showing something different then the server for libraries.  All i can think of is clearing the app/device cache for the client or maybe uninstalling the client and reinstalling.

On 05/02/2022 at 03:00, Happy2Play said:

For Collections what do you see in Settings-Library for Collections?

As for the iOS issue I have never heard of a device showing something different then the server for libraries.  All i can think of is clearing the app/device cache for the client or maybe uninstalling the client and reinstalling.

The iPhone wasn't showing anything different, it was merely reflecting the double collections icons on the server. I ended up deleting the bad one and moving the good one and that worked for about a week. Then it broke again the other day, then spontaneously fixed itself last night. How, I have no idea.

I've enclosed screenshots for what I see in the library settings, I don't know if there's any useful clues there?

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 21.06.12.png

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 21.04.36.png