Unable to play some MP3 files on AppleTV 4k

cypher0117

cypher0117

Some of my mp3 files will not play on my apple tv.  I get the following error when trying to select them:

There was an error processing the request. Please try again later.
ItemLauncher.launchAudio is not a function. (In 'ItemLauncher.launchAudio(id.serverID,type)', 'ItemLauncher.launchAudio' is undefined)

I don't see anywhere in the emby server logs that the apple tv is even attempting to play this file.

These same files play just fine using the emby apps on my iphone, roku ultra, and the web interface. 

The only real difference between the files that don't play and the ones that do, is folder structure on my server.  I'm not sure if that has any relevancy at all:
file structure that plays just fine:
Artist -> Album -> mp3 files

file structure that does not play fine:
Folder -> mp3 files

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sonntakuu
On 1/24/2022 at 10:05 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we're looking into this. Thanks.

Not Only MP3, When I click any music "Latest" Items, It will display the ERROR as well.

And, Would you add some new functions on MPV players' Controller, such as display thumb when forward, especially the new functions for new Apple TV 4K that "use a circular gesture on the outer ring to fast-forward or rewind, and find just the scene you’re looking for". 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, with Emby for TV V1.5.7 at Apple TV 4 the issue persists.

If i play the theconcerned files with the app for iOS on my iPhone the issue doesn‘t exists.

0F094AAA-C732-4230-9FB6-4FAF19461991.jpeg

• 3 months later...
MetaModa

@Luke I’m also still seeing this. Looks like the latest version available on the Apple TV App Store in the US is 1.5.7 - released November 22, 2021. Does that version include the fix? Is there a way to get access to the new version? Thanks for your work on this!

vdatanet
22 minutes ago, MetaModa said:

@Luke I’m also still seeing this. Looks like the latest version available on the Apple TV App Store in the US is 1.5.7 - released November 22, 2021. Does that version include the fix? Is there a way to get access to the new version? Thanks for your work on this!

You can join the beta to test de MPV player for audio: