DLNA Issues with Yamaha RXA-1070 and Marantz NA6005

bigi

Hi Luke - Interesting development - and i'm 99% certain that it wasn't doing this before!

As i mentioned before, app is doing the same as usual, hanging whenever Emby server is running.

As per your request I went to get a server log for you - but decided to stop the Emby server, hard reboot the network streamer to make sure it picked everything up.  It did the usual hanging and timing out, but to make sure it logged whatever was going on (as i know it still is communicating even though i'm getting a hung app), i kept the screen active.  after about 3-4 minutes, the server came up as a selectable option in the app.  i clicked and the app froze again for a few minutes; then it came up with the library, and i could scan through it relatively ok.  i managed to play a track to the streamer (it hung again for a short time before playing), then i tried again and played something else - same delay but then played.

I then let the app/screen to timeout on the iphone, then tried to go back in - i had the long delay again, but it worked again in the same way!

Not sure if it's something you have tweaked, but i'm certain i tried this before and it didn't do this....i've never had it play via the app on emby...

So....progress indeed!  it now seems to be like the initial comms are taking a VERY long time to complete, not sure if it caches the library index on initial startup or something? (I'm taking wild guesses here as to an explaination obviously!)

I've attached the most recent log with all of the above included in it. iphone (app) IP is current 200.54, NA6005 is still 200.55 and server still 200.165

embyserver - working 12012022.txt

Yea looks like progress.

not sure if it caches the library index on initial startup or something?

It does seem that some devices do this, yes.

Thanks.

• Agree 1

Hi Luke

Sorry - thought you were looking into anything else you could tweak on this!

It can be used with the above steps, but not really practical the way it is - as the Marantz app also controls the Amp, and will be controlling the Tuner and CD soon, it is a bit of a nightmare opening the app and sitting for 5 minutes stopping the screen timeout before i can turn the volume up or down or change track etc :) 

Is there anything you can find to improve the latency issues?

Hi @Luke have you managed to find any way to resolve the delay issue yet?  I'm currently having to turn off Emby to use the Marantz App - every time i go back into the app it hangs for 5 minutes rendering it pretty useless when i want to change the volume or source etc - the hanging locks the whole app up, so i can't even change the source :( 

40 minutes ago, bigi said:

Hi @Luke have you managed to find any way to resolve the delay issue yet?  I'm currently having to turn off Emby to use the Marantz App - every time i go back into the app it hangs for 5 minutes rendering it pretty useless when i want to change the volume or source etc - the hanging locks the whole app up, so i can't even change the source :( 

Not yet, sorry.

• Thanks 1

Hey Luke, any progress?  now i have more marantz kit it's becoming a nuisance and i'm not runniung Emby at the moment - which is a right pain because allt my box sets are on there!

• 1 month later...

Hey Luke, any chance of you looking at this again?  I've even done a full reinstall of the server in the last week to see if that helped, but i still can't use Emby if i want to use the marantz app :(

Yes I'll take another look, but as I don't have the hardware for testing it's a little hard to track down right now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would really appreciate that!  if you need any info from my side i'm more than happy to provide more debugging/logging

Without the hardware this is a tough one to figure out. The good news is that due to the way devices often copy their implementations from others I do have a browsing fix in the queue for another device that you never know may help with this.

• 2 weeks later...
DonMacaroni
On 3/6/2022 at 7:06 PM, Luke said:

Yes I'll take another look, but as I don't have the hardware for testing it's a little hard to track down right now.

I can help with testing, I own Marantz ND8006.

@bigi have you tried HEOS app instead, that Marantz app is very old and buggy as hell. (Not 100% sure though if NA6005, supports HEOS).

Edited by DonMacaroni

1 minute ago, DonMacaroni said:

I can help with testing, I own Marantz ND8006.

@bigi have you tried HEOS app instead, that Marantz app is very old and buggy as hell. (Not 100& sure though if NA6005, supports HEOS).

@DonMacaroniunfortunately the 6005 predated HEOS, have tried the app but it doesn't function for me :(

• 1 year later...

@bigican you please try the latest server version along with the Emby Dlna 1.3.0+ plugin  update.  Please let me know if these are still issues. Thanks !

• Like 1