Missing Live Channel Logos, Images

Honar87

Honar87

Hi There, 

Accept my apologies I know this topic is posted already, but the solutions did not apply for me.

I am having issue with channel logos loading. the source type for the EPG I am using is XmlTV, the EPG and M3U List I have is annually paid from IPTVSpring. if I manually go into each channel and edit image and then post the image link it will appear there after the task is run manually or automatically. (See my screenshot attached).

additional info may need.

* My Emby server runs on Windows OS.

* I have lifetime Emby subscription 

* I have removed the EPG and reloaded. 

* I have backed up and removed all metadata for Live channels. 

Screenshot 2022-01-06 073547.png

Screenshot 2022-01-06 073547.png

gillmacca01

Does IPTVSpring add channel image links to the m3u? 

If you want images channels and programmes (as well as a better EPG i.e. season/episode numbers), then I would look at using Emby's built-in guide data

Honar87

Thank you for your prompt response, gillmacca01. when I review the M3U list it does not contain links to images, it has never had links there and logos were showing up. as far as your recommendation to use Emby's built-in guide data, I love that solution and I have tried it before, my only problem is when setting up the Built-in guide based on Zip Code or USA the selection in lineup is limited and most of the channels does not get EPG or logo loaded 

What is your recommendation to make the built-in Emby Data load EPG for all of my channels? 

EPG with Emby Built-in data.png

EPG.png

For m3u like that the best choice is probably entering your local zip then picking a local cable provider and using that for all your local channels.  Then add a 2nd guide to use for all the national channels such as DirecTV and maybe Dish as these two will cover the bulk channel you might need to map.

I typically show people the easiest method I've found which is to open a channel list like https://www.directv.com/idpassets/pdfs/channel_lineups/DIRECTV_English_Channel_Lineup.pdf for DTV.  You can do a CTRL-F (find) to type in a channel such as "fox sports 2" to quickly find the channel number.  Then in Emby you select the Direct TV guide and instead of scrolling through the list of channels instead type the channel number 618 which takes you right to it.  That makes manual mapping these types of channels pretty fast.

Get your locals, then start with the channels you'll likely be using first.  No sense starting at the beginning of the list if you can do the channels that give you the most return on time spent first.  Besides you may find you don't want "all those" channels after all.  Sometimes less is more.  I'd much rather have 70 channels I use then 500 channels I have to scroll through to find the channels I'm interested in.

mike3821

Exactly this!

I only wish when modifying the channels we could simply sort them quickly. Instead of dragging them into place.

I have all my channels mapped and using specific channel numbers. I map the channels to numbers based off alphabetical order.

Edited by mike3821
  • Like 1