emartell
Go to solution Solved by emartell,

emartell

Linux Ubuntu 18.04 on VPS

Emby Server Version 4.6.7.0 

Android Version 3.2.34 

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 ultra 5g

Server is under https protocol 

Hello, lately this days i'm getting an issue login and playing content in Android app, my previous version on android was 3.2.33 and then I tried to install 3.2.34 and didnt work either.

A week ago, when I logged in to my emby android to play any channel I got this error " No compatibles stream to play, contact administrator ", so I tried to play some content in my FireTV and it works perfect, on iPhone it works perfect, Website it works perfect, Android TV it works perfect, Fire Stick it works perfect. So I unistall the app and tried again, and it works 3 times, after that I got the same error, so I decided log out and trying again, and now it say that password or username is invalid, (When is valid all users accounts that I tried) and I cant use anymore. So I unistall again and install, login in, and after play 3 items, issue happend again. 

any ideas? it could be Android App? or my phone. 

Thank you-

embyserver.txt

emartell

Searching in forum noticed that may this issue is caused by SSL Certificate, I got an message shows if I want accept the certificate and I press OK and after that, i can not play any videos or live tv. 

Im using SSL of Lets Encrypt 

Any ideas to fix it? 

Screenshot_20220105-211337_Emby.jpg

Edited by emartell

HI, are your media files hosted remotely?  Take a look at your server log, it's filled with Forbidden errors trying to access the media files to stream them to Emby clients:

2022-01-05 11:32:00.293 Info HttpClient: GET http://xxx/1167232.mp4
2022-01-05 11:32:00.308 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 4.15.0-163-generic (buildd@lcy01-amd64-021) (gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)) #171-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 5 11:55:11 UTC 202
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 3
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Forbidden

I would focus on resolving that, and then you might be good to go.

emartell

Yes, I using .strm files. 

The only way to avoid SSL problems with my android app was do not pressing OK when SSL notice shows up. 

Or only using emby on webbrowser. 

I hope this could fix it someday. 

Thanks!!

emartell

Im still getting error with the SSL in android app. But how I said.

The only way to avoid SSL problems with my android app was do not pressing OK when SSL notice shows up. 

Or only using emby on webbrowser. 

I hope this could fix it someday

• 4 weeks later...
emartell

No news.

Always asks for first time to validate SSL Certificate and once validated is not work anymore.  But this issue only happen in Samsung Note 20 ultra 5G, iphone or tablet or tv works pretty good.

But thanks after all.

Screenshot_20220207-204105_Emby.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
emartell

Thank you for your help Luke.

I did something right know, in my emby server I changed "Secure connection mode: Required for all remote connections " to Preferred, but not required. 

and android apps,  is working good as first time. 

but 

Here are the logs from my Android.

If may I got bad settings sets about certificate or network, please guide me to solve. 

Thanks and Have a great day.

ef5dc8e0-b920-4dc9-9277-c3cab8dd5811.log cf927245-bd7d-44d6-a143-791f26f48027.log 3959a89d-3a31-443d-a31d-7849b872cf3c.log 2b9c1546-5b31-4886-91ae-3fec38ab3855.log

Edited by emartell

emartell

Looking in server logs, when I use Emby app on iphone, iOS never trying to connect vía ip. only name host, and it works perfect.

But when I trying to play in my Android phone, and watch, emby app trying to connect vía ip instead of name host. and get the error above explain. 

So its a bug of server or clients? or my settings?. 

The certificate is associated with the host name, so if you're going to use ssl then that's why it is necessary.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
emartell

I changed my certificate provider and all works perfect.

Thanks may you could closed this topic.