Samsung S7 Android device won't cast to chromecast

BDdad

Hiyas and happy new year.

I have emby setup in a docker container under homeassistant on a rpi3, casting is being done via the android app. This functions well, with the exception of a certain android phone being stuck on the spinning loading screen when trying to cast. I can cast with Huawei mate10 on android 11, and a samsung tabA on android 7. The samsung s7 on android 8 gets stuck on the loading screen however. It doesn't try to transcode and doesn't create a transcode log. It occurs with video and audio files. the last few entries on the embyserver.txt are the s7 trying to cast.

Any insights would be most welcome.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63776906793.txt

Hi Luke,

BDdad here, I had to swap accounts due to remoteness.

The S7 loads the cast screen(emby splash) on the TV I select the to cast to, however when I try to actually play either audio or video the cast screen remains on the emby splash with a spinning loading circle outline. On the S7 no cast controls or now playing controls are created. 

Cheers

ps, it will be a few days until I can troubleshoot now as I have left the house with that server.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Pas0 is the spinning circle on the TV or on the Samsung device that you're casting with? We have issued updates to our Chromecast receiver lately. Are you still seeing this?

I haven't tried since last time to be honest. It's my father's phone(s7), and at his house, where the issue was occurring. 

To answer your question the spinning circle was on the TV. Other devices were able to cast when I tried previously. So it seemed very limited to that specific device, versus a casting side issue. 

I will check and update if it is resolved later in the week. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Pas0

That's odd. I wouldn't have expected anything to change based on the server version. Thanks for the feedback.