Live TV screen grab pictures missing

cochize1

cochize1

So, I have recently moved my whole metadata folder back from some random to its original location. Scanning the metadata folder from Scheduled Tasks helped with mismatched urls for collections, networks etc. but I have just noticed that my Live TV and recording are missing the pictures. There are only pics for a screen grab of the show newly recorded and station logos. Any idea what should I refresh or delete in order to get the pictures back?

3.thumb.jpg.9b1c8e37e806b2e3d5dc49ad87d19504.jpg2.thumb.jpg.57f5422b3cd7035b20de9889cb44921a.jpg1.thumb.jpg.4c660ab5a96029f78c6e1f1c99dd4974.jpg

Hi, The images no longer exist if you just arbitrarily moved the folders out from under Emby without making a copy first to the new location and then change the Library->Advanced-Meta-Data Path.

You can try this which may help.  Make sure the meta-data is in the location mentioned above.  Then go to scheduled task and run the job called "Scan Metadata Folder".

cochize1

Ok, so I have pointed in Library --> Advanced to a location of metadata folder on my Synology and run Scan Metadata Folder. It helped a bit but:

1. It wiped completely my custom pictures for collections, studios and ganres.

2. People pictures were showing only in their detailed page and are recreated only after running Scan For Missing Metadata per library (which is currently running library by library and it will take awhile).

3. For Live TV pictures. It did help actually and most of screen grab pictures are displayed, but some are still missing.

My question now, as I can manually recreate points 1 and 2 and l probably will do so soon, as for Live TV is there a way to have all screen grabs shown or maybe they will recreate themselves in time when xmltv for my m3u list will be updated?

1222404944_Beztytuu.thumb.png.101089ba746e2148908c664c9006293b.png

Edited by cochize1

No, reloading the guide data won't help with things already recorded.

Have you tried a meta-data refresh with the option to replace graphics?
Hint. select 5 to 10 media objects and test on the small group first before doing the whole library.

cochize1

Some screen grab pictures for programms (not all, I also thought that it is per channel but as you can see in the attached picture above at AMC channel, the only first 2 are missing).

As for the recorded channels section, I believe you call it season and series pictures (although this example above is a soccer game but still grupped as if it were some episode of a series if you know what I mean)

Program images come from the guide data source that you've setup. There is no metadata refresh button for that, other than refreshing guide data if that's what you meant.

What guide data did you setup?

cochize1

I use EPG from my IPTV providers source so I guess these data is missing there. But what about these Season or Series pictures (1st screenshot above)?

I can't really tell what's going on in that screenshot. First try removing custom css and any other ui hacks, then let's see how that compares. Thanks.

cochize1

not sure what was causing that but I completly deleted metadata folder and whole tv setup. Then I let everything recreate itself at just copied over the folders I wanted custom pictures for (collections, people, genres, tags etc.) Now everything seems to be in place.

PS. I checked everything without custom css enabled and that wasn't it. My guess is that it was either some cached files or old xmltv data.

cochize1

Just one final question, For my live tv channel logos there are links to icons in bith files: M3U file and xmltv file. Previously they were pulled from the later which are more accurate and now they are being pulled from the M3U file. Is there a way I can tell Emby where to scrap the logos from?

2 hours ago, cochize1 said:

Just one final question, For my live tv channel logos there are links to icons in bith files: M3U file and xmltv file. Previously they were pulled from the later which are more accurate and now they are being pulled from the M3U file. Is there a way I can tell Emby where to scrap the logos from?

The channel image urls can be present in either the m3u file, or the xmltv file. If they are present in both, there is no way to choose but that's an option we plan to add in future updates. thanks.

• Like 1