Jump to content

DVD Folder Plugin


danryker
 Share

Recommended Posts

danryker

Hello 

I am new here and have a little problem with my F5-220.

I had problems with my DVDs that are ripped on the NAS. They are *.VOB files. I found some stuff about this and thought I would uninstall the DVD Folder Plugin. Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to reinstall this plugin. 
Ok, I thought, I'll uninstall Emby from the NAS again, but it also seems to find a config during the installation and not install this plugin. 

In the directory /mnt/md0/application/emby/system/plugins I find the DvdMounter.dll, so the file would be there. 

What can I do so that I have the plugin again or so that I can also watch my ripped DVDs?

Thank you very much for your ideas.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @danryker yes we'll need to add this to the plugin catalog. We can do that, but we still suggest converting those to mkv for the best possible experience. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke, I have about 750 films so far, converting them all takes a long time, I would like to install the DVD plugin and test with it.... is it possible to provide the plugin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

Don't know your platform but Copy the plugin from system/plugin to programdata/plugins.  All active plugins reside in programdata/plugins.

server log will show you path

2022-01-26 07:27:56.250 Info App: File C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\DvdMounter.dll has version 1.0.0.0
2022-01-26 07:27:56.280 Info App: File C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\plugins\DvdMounter.dll has version 1.0.0.0

When you uninstall a system plugin it is written to system.xml and remove from programdata/plugins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is that it's a TerraMaster NAS F5-221. You can access it with Putty, but I can't get any further.

 find this here

[root@TNAS-006D28 ~]# ls -l /mnt/md0/application/emby/system/plugins

total 2648

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  41984 Jan  3 19:34 AudioDb.dll

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 116736 Jan  3 19:34 BlurayMounter.dll

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  31744 Jan  3 19:34 DvdMounter.dll

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 946688 Jan  3 19:34 Emby.Dlna.dll

It is installed via the NAS.... as an application. Emby was also installed with this plugin.... I uninstalled it once, but can't get it installed again. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the application several times, but this plugin does not come back, there will be a config file somewhere, which remains even when uninstalling. so I can only try to install the plugin again, but it should be offered for this.

Sorry, my English is not the best... im German 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

if you had queued your conversions when you started this thread you would have been finished more than 2 weeks ago...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

Are you saying you can't get to your data path?  /home/emby/plugins

	Data path: /home/emby
	Application path: /mnt/md0/application/emby-server/system

But sounds like a uninstall is not removing all items from data path.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, danryker said:

this answer is not helpful. Thanks.

you may see it as unhelpful but i'm willing to bet that even if you started your conversions when i made that post you would still have them done before you get this resolved the way you are going at the moment. stop fighting the inevitable.

10mins a dvd - should be done in 5 days and 5 hours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

you may see it as unhelpful but i'm willing to bet that even if you started your conversions when i made that post you would still have them done before you get this resolved the way you are going at the moment. stop fighting the inevitable.

10mins a dvd - should be done in 5 days and 5 hours

Supposed to be a friendly inclusive forum where customers don't feel intimidated :)

I know I can't convert all my MPEG2 to MP4 as I normally need to edit them to add the original idents and edit out "End of Part one" and "Part Two" bumpers and I have hundreds and done hundreds. You can do fairly lossless edits in MPEG2 compared to MPEG4 as well using smart rendering. I wouldn't want to convert to MPEG4 then edit as that generation loss. Mind you I store those mpeg2 files as .ts files not VOBS. In the Media Browser days, VOBS were fully approved method of ripping and native. Lets not forget that MPEG2 is probably still the most widely used codec in the world due to DVB-T/DVB-S, DVDs sold and broadcast TV archives (yes most are in MPEG2 in an MXF container).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, unisoft said:

Supposed to be a friendly inclusive forum where customers don't feel intimidated :)

I know I can't convert all my MPEG2 to MP4 as I normally need to edit them to add the original idents and edit out "End of Part one" and "Part Two" bumpers and I have hundreds and done hundreds. You can do fairly lossless edits in MPEG2 compared to MPEG4 as well using smart rendering. I wouldn't want to convert to MPEG4 then edit as that generation loss. Mind you I store those mpeg2 files as .ts files not VOBS. In the Media Browser days, VOBS were fully approved method of ripping and native. Lets not forget that MPEG2 is probably still the most widely used codec in the world due to DVB-T/DVB-S, DVDs sold and broadcast TV archives (yes most are in MPEG2 in an MXF container).

no intimidation here. practical, pragmatic advice. which will be borne out.

i would imagine 95%+ of users do not keep dvd rips in this outdated format and there will be almost no future development relating to them. if you want issue free use of these files in future you should convert them.

your comments on mpeg2 popularity are irrelevant. this discussion is about dvd folder format

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

no intimidation here. practical, pragmatic advice. which will be borne out.

i would imagine 95%+ of users do not keep dvd rips in this outdated format and there will be almost no future development relating to them. if you want issue free use of these files in future you should convert them.

your comments on mpeg2 popularity are irrelevant. this discussion is about dvd folder format

So VOBS are not out of date as DVDs are released/sold in their millions/billions across the planet and will be around for years yet. It would likely be decades before MPEG2 codec support was irrelevant due to broadcast TV libraries and use of the codec in DVDs and off air recordings where used.

In terms of a file container for purpose of Plex and Emby and such systems then a lot of people would see them as irrelevant as most have a  simple container and may not have ripped their library to VOBS when it was preferred to mimic disc support. What concerns me on this forum is soon we'll have people saying "rip to MP4 as MP2 outdated and not supported". That's a worry, because that would mean use of Emby long term would require to always keep up with newest codecs and who has got time or inclination to go back to the original format, if you have it, to avoid inter-codec generation loss. For devices where manufacturer no longer had the codec (normally Apple because they know best), I'd like to think that Emby would transcode on the fly, rather than simply be stripped out with no support. Slightly going off-topic I know :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

 

10mins a dvd - should be done in 5 days and 5 hours

Sorry, 

There are people who work and also sleep sometimes. So the time is not feasible!

A sensible solution would be to make the plug-in available for subsequent installation. Whether it benefits me or not. 

On the whole, the topic is no longer my question. We have now arrived at codecs... a few more posts and we'll have invented a new codec?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, danryker said:

Sorry, 

There are people who work and also sleep sometimes. So the time is not feasible!

A sensible solution would be to make the plug-in available for subsequent installation. Whether it benefits me or not. 

On the whole, the topic is no longer my question. We have now arrived at codecs... a few more posts and we'll have invented a new codec?

thats what batch makemkv is for https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9345 :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

Plugin is available but it is your platform you have to navigate to place it wherever /home is.  But this is an issue on all these NAS/linux devices you have to ssh into.  The plugin is part of the core server until one uninstalls the plugin then your system.xml will prevent it for being readded.

Since the plugin is not in the catalog it is a DIY with this system.  You just have to copy it to the correct place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...