emby client (Android TV) Audio settings - Downmix: Center Mix Level

zenkichi08

zenkichi08

Hi 

i bought the emby app for android TV and i am quite liking it so far.

Coming from Kodi i am just missing one vital option in the audio settings. Kodi has the option to play around with the volume levels. Since my soundbar is usually giving off WAY too much volume/bass for sound effects while voices are usually not loud enough these settings in kodi are a godsent.

what i do is reduce volume and increase the "downmix: center mix level" -- this way voices come out while sound effects don't blow me out of the chair.

with the emby app i haven't found any such option. is anything like that conceivable? So far i can't really play movies through emby w/o the neighbours complaining :D

enclosed reference picture from kodi:

Screenshot 2022-01-03 191812.png

Hi.  No, we do not have those controls but what device are you running on and how is everything connected?  It sounds like you prefer some sort of dynamic range compression which you may be able to achieve by setting the app to mix down to stereo.

zenkichi08

hi and thanks for the reply.

using a CCGTV

i did set the app to downmix to stereo, helped a bit but i need more 😕

• 1 year later...
Clangrijan

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. I came from Kodi, and being able to adjust the center channel for voice clarity was wonderful. I'm using a Xiaomi TV with Android TV and the Emby app, but no matter how much I adjust the audio parameters or the option to mix sound to stereo in the app, I can't balance the sound difference between voices, music, and effects.

Would it be possible to implement something similar to what Kodi has in the Emby app? Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Clangrijan said:

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. I came from Kodi, and being able to adjust the center channel for voice clarity was wonderful. I'm using a Xiaomi TV with Android TV and the Emby app, but no matter how much I adjust the audio parameters or the option to mix sound to stereo in the app, I can't balance the sound difference between voices, music, and effects.

Would it be possible to implement something similar to what Kodi has in the Emby app? Thanks.

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Clangrijan
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Hi. I have already tried the standard Android app, but I find the sound to be more muffled, and visually, the app is not as visually appealing as the Android TV one.

I think I will alternate between watching some movies on Kodi with the Emby addon and watching series and other movies on the Android TV Emby app.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Clangrijan said:

Hi. I have already tried the standard Android app, but I find the sound to be more muffled, and visually, the app is not as visually appealing as the Android TV one.

I think I will alternate between watching some movies on Kodi with the Emby addon and watching series and other movies on the Android TV Emby app.

Thanks.

HI, why do you think the app is not as visually appealing?

Clangrijan
On 5/19/2023 at 6:35 PM, Luke said:

HI, why do you think the app is not as visually appealing?

The Android TV app seems to be better adapted to the TV format. I don't know, it has some details that I like more, for example: if you press the up button on the remote control, the chapters come up directly. There are configuration options in the Android TV app that are not available in the other one.

I already uninstalled it, otherwise, I would take some screenshots. Anyway, it doesn't matter because the audio doesn't improve. I suppose having a TV with more audio options would help.

Thanks anyway.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 7:17 AM, Clangrijan said:

The Android TV app seems to be better adapted to the TV format. I don't know, it has some details that I like more, for example: if you press the up button on the remote control, the chapters come up directly. There are configuration options in the Android TV app that are not available in the other one.

I already uninstalled it, otherwise, I would take some screenshots. Anyway, it doesn't matter because the audio doesn't improve. I suppose having a TV with more audio options would help.

Thanks anyway.

@Clangrijan

HI, what configuration options are you referring to?