low quality images

Adam Pessach

Adam Pessach

I recently too had to update my LG tv Emby app and I wanted to state just how much I wasn't pleased with the new changes. In terms of video audio or subtitles quality I hadn't noticed anything different BUT I just couldn't ignore the change in the way the app displays its content. First of all poor quality in both the images, logos, etc... even the text in the Emby app looks blur and not clear like before. In the home page where I'm currently using the horizontal display I can't view any backdrops in the background thanks to the update (an option I had checked since I started using the app). This few changes even if seem of no real importance, for me change and even ruin the whole experience of using your app as I have spend a lot of time on collecting images and cultivate my library to my taste and I feel that the new app prevents me to enjoy it therefore I plead you to make the necessary changes in future updates hopefully to look like the previous version.       

Adam Pessach

Thank you for the response.

Since Im talking about the LG tv app and have no screenshot option in the tv I can't show you an example but in overall I liked the pre update design miles over this one. The problem was not only that the app damaged the images quality when displayed but also the images sizes have changed in all of the menus and backdrops dont appear in the home page.

Hi, you can always take a picture with a smartphone. It would be very helpful just to be able to visualize which images exactly you're referring to. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Adam Pessach

I noticed in a differnet LG TV that the images in my server look crisp and clear. The model number of the one I own is LG 43UJ620Y, and the one with the good quality home screen menu is LG 49UK6200YVA. From what I remember this issue not exist 2 app versions ago, and is yet to be resolved.

• 2 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.39 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Adam Pessach

Hey I checked the newly released version and I really liked that you added the option to change tv shows episode display.

I'm just a bit disappointed as issues I addressed in the past had not been resolved, such as the horizontal home page main backdrop not appearing in he background, or the image quality in the app has not improved.

also a new issue popped up in the movie\tv shows background as the transparent to black gradient drifts up when scrolling.

I've attached an image to clarify image.thumb.jpeg.4281400ce5d1145eee7dbc4159502d9a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f318801962cfe911433566ce0dbdcf74.jpeg

HI, yes the gradient technique we're using is not supported on older models so that's something we're looking into.

• 1 month later...
Philippe007

Hello,

I have also an LG TV with the following characteristics : LG Web OS TV OLED55C6V software release 05.70.30

My Emby client is Emby for LG 1.0.39.

I had the same issue with poor photo quality a year ago, after updating the LG Emby client, and 1.0.39 has not solved it. It is like a step is missing at the end of the image generation like antialiasing.

If I share my computer screen with my TV and use Emby from Firefox, the image is much better.

3 hours ago, Philippe007 said:

Hello,

I have also an LG TV with the following characteristics : LG Web OS TV OLED55C6V software release 05.70.30

My Emby client is Emby for LG 1.0.39.

I had the same issue with poor photo quality a year ago, after updating the LG Emby client, and 1.0.39 has not solved it. It is like a step is missing at the end of the image generation like antialiasing.

If I share my computer screen with my TV and use Emby from Firefox, the image is much better.

Hi @Philippe007can you please show us an example? Thanks !