Phone Rotation Options

KojoZero

KojoZero

Hello, I'm making this post to request 3 features (mostly for mobile)

1. Set Language for Whole Season

Currently, Emby allows users to set their preferred audio/subtitle languages which is very useful. However, many times, animes contain 2 English subtitle tracks. The 1st track is made to overlay Japanese signs & lyrics to complement the English dub, while the 2nd track is full subtitles (dialogue, signs, lyrics, etc). Emby has always chosen the first English subtitle track, as it technically complies with the user's preferences, but I would like a method to choose the specific English track and apply it on the whole season.

image.png.7d88fcfff824404f0a648604e7c70810.png

It is very tedious to set the subtitles for every single episode. I usually use mkvpropedit.exe to change the defaults, but this is tedious as well. Thus, I propose a feature to change the subtitles for the whole season. Something I've observed while using mkvpropedit.exe is that sometimes the track names/ids differ each season. This means that setting the subtitles by series would not be very effective.

2a. Device Rotation (Upside-Down)

I would greatly appreciate if upside-down device rotation could be disabled. I usually watch on my bed so holding my phone sideways is detected as upside-down.

2b. Device Rotation (Portrait Lock)

I'd be cool if mobile users were given the option to lock their rotation (while browsing library). For phone users such as I, a portrait lock would be useful (without having to go in phone settings). Tablet users may prefer a landscape lock. Videos already implement a landscape locked

Additional Info:

Emby Server Version: 4.6.7.0

Emby Server OS: Linux

Emby App Version: iOS 2.1.1

Phone: iPhone SE 2nd Generation

Software Version: iOS 14.6

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, KojoZero said:

1. Set Language for Whole Season

Currently, Emby allows users to set their preferred audio/subtitle languages which is very useful. However, many times, animes contain 2 English subtitle tracks. The 1st track is made to overlay Japanese signs & lyrics to complement the English dub, while the 2nd track is full subtitles (dialogue, signs, lyrics, etc). Emby has always chosen the first English subtitle track, as it technically complies with the user's preferences, but I would like a method to choose the specific English track and apply it on the whole season.

image.png.7d88fcfff824404f0a648604e7c70810.png

It is very tedious to set the subtitles for every single episode. I usually use mkvpropedit.exe to change the defaults, but this is tedious as well. Thus, I propose a feature to change the subtitles for the whole season. Something I've observed while using mkvpropedit.exe is that sometimes the track names/ids differ each season. This means that setting the subtitles by series would not be very effective.

Lend your support here:

• Agree 1

KojoZero
7 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Lend your support here:

Thanks for your reply, I guess I just didn't search hard enough 😅

5 hours ago, ebr said:

Also related:

Yes, but not quite. I personally think the playback is amazing in terms of features. I was thinking of a portrait lock on the home screen when you're browsing your libraries. Since I watch while laying down, I often have to (somewhat) sit up to get proper rotation.

I'll look into the plugin marketplace, as I know little to nothing of their full capabilities. There may already be a plugin that does these features. Maybe it's possible to create my own. Who knows?