Subtitles color in LG app

spongebob69

spongebob69

Is it possible to set grey subtitles color?

With HDR on white subtitles hurts my eyes

wrong forum, please move to Lg app forum 

Edited by spongebob69
  • Agree 1

Hi, did you try setting the subtitle background color or drop shadow? That might help make it less intense.

5 hours ago, MrVoid21 said:

Not related,but Luke,when is the new update coming?I thought it would drop last week

As soon as it gets through LG review. Thanks.

• Like 1

spongebob69
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you try setting the subtitle background color or drop shadow? That might help make it less intense.

Tried but my Lg cx has too bright HDR and subtitles needs to be grey 

Just did some first testing on my LG yesterday and also noticed that subtitles are quite bright on HDR content due to the white color.
As it was just a quick check I didn't have a look at the available options yet.

Watching HDR with subtitles on LG is unbearable. Had same issues with Netflix but they give semi transparant option. Not the best option but at least something. I don't know what the best solution is, but please have a look at it. Can't watch anything now..

• 2 weeks later...

i see i am not the only one that thinks that the subtitles are to bright ....LG TV C1 2021.... so please add gray an lite gray subtitle color and if possible semi transparrent

thanks for the great app....

Edited by Sebasje

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think it's the colours we are asking but a solution for HDR problem with subtitles. Its too bright. We need kind of transparency option. Like Netflix has. Any other proper solution is more than welcome.

I noticed that today's webOS update introduced more subtitle text colors. But different levels of grey is not included, nor can I find an option to change the text transparency.

So subtitles in HDR are still too bright.

Am I missing an option somewhere else or will this be addressed in a later update?

56 minutes ago, aabyssx said:

I noticed that today's webOS update introduced more subtitle text colors. But different levels of grey is not included, nor can I find an option to change the text transparency.

So subtitles in HDR are still too bright.

Am I missing an option somewhere else or will this be addressed in a later update?

HI, yes more options are planned for future updates. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kabmat said:

yup and still not possible to make the subtitles smaller

Have you explored the subtitle options in the app?

Courage09
On 2/17/2022 at 6:09 PM, Luke said:

HI, yes more options are planned for future updates. Thanks.

I just switched from Plex to Emby because Plex for some reason can't play 4K HDR video with subtitles on LG TV and starts to transcode.

Yesterday I discovered Emby and was super stoked that it can do that. My happiness is gone today since I found out there is no gray or transparent color for subtitles therefore Emby is also useless for me 😕

Please add either grey color or transparent checkmark for subtitles on LG TV just like Netflix and others have.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Courage09 said:

Any updates?

Hi, we can add more color options in upcoming updates to the app. Thanks.

@Lukewe would really appreciate some more openness about the plans. If its not going to happen soon, just be honest. We can deal with it and find some other solutions till then. For know we all get frustrated because we don't know when and if it's going to happen. HDR + Emby + subtitles is really a pain now.

• Like 2

kabmat
On 4/16/2022 at 3:21 PM, Luke said:

And did you locate the subtitle size option?

well if there is an option in the lg app tell me pls where i can find it.