Android app immediately redownloads videos after deleting

lolque

Android app: 3.2.32

Server: 4.7.0.19

For some reason the Android app will immediately redownload my downloaded videos after I try to delete them. This happens whether I delete them in the downloads sectio  using the trash can, or if I try to remove the download via the normal media browser.

I've tried resetting the app with "Clear Data", but it just immediately redownloads everything once I connect back to the server.

Edited by lolque

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Flintfamily

Jesus really? I've just encountered this issue. Is there no way I can stop the app re downloading the content I've watched and deleted. Seems ridiculous.

Flintfamily

Apologies if this is posted somewhere else but for me it seems I've resolved this by going into the side menu in the android app and deleting the media from the Android app section > manage downloads. Hopefully.

Flintfamily

No, didn't work. Now I've resorted to pausing the downloads once they've started. No idea this was an issue. Crazy. Needs a fix surely?

Edited by Flintfamily

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this should be improved with the Emby Server 4.7 release. Thanks.

lolque

I checked just now and it still redownloads with Emby 4.7.1.0 and Emby for Android 3.2.47.

What version should we be waiting for?

Edited by lolque

On 5/24/2022 at 11:39 PM, lolque said:

I checked just now and it still redownloads with Emby 4.7.1.0 and Emby for Android 3.2.47.

What version should we be waiting for?

For single items it does not redownload.

But if you create a download job on a parent folder and have the option checked to automatically download new content, then yes I can still reproduce this. We'll get this resolved in an upcoming 4.7.X update. Thanks.

6 hours ago, lolque said:

This happens to me for single items.

That's not what I mean by single item. I mean single item based on the original download job.

• 1 month later...
lolque

Any update on this? This still occurs on Emby 4.7.5.0 and Emby for Android 3.2.55 . What version should we expect the fix on?

Edited by lolque

On 7/14/2022 at 4:09 AM, lolque said:

Any update on this? This still occurs on Emby 4.7.5.0 and Emby for Android 3.2.55 . What version should we expect the fix on?

Try deleting the download job on the server. If it still happens with newly created download jobs then let's go over a specific example because I think all cases should be covered at this point. Thanks.

lolque

Deleting it from the server worked.

Had to reset the app afterwards because the downloads were still showing up on the home page, even after they were removed from the download tab.

Thanks!

Edited by lolque

4 minutes ago, lolque said:

Deleting it from the server worked.

Had to reset the app afterwards because the downloads were still showing up on the home page, even after they were removed from the download tab.

Thanks!

Yea anything that was already queued up will stay that way, so the fix won't cancel scheduled downloads, but it shouldn't create any new ones.