url for playmack through headless digital signage device

MrPippali

MrPippali

so im sure im missing a thread somewhere, but i have been searching for a few hours now and havent quite found a solution

i have a headless digital signage system laying arround that i am hopeing to use emby to stream a playlist/internal IPTV channel to outside my cinema, controlled similarly to a chromecast ( buying a basic chromecast is my plan B )

i am wondering if anyone has any idea of a url i could feed into the signage unit that would log it in/register it as a device that i can then controll via the web app or another device?

mastrmind11
5 hours ago, MrPippali said:

so im sure im missing a thread somewhere, but i have been searching for a few hours now and havent quite found a solution

i have a headless digital signage system laying arround that i am hopeing to use emby to stream a playlist/internal IPTV channel to outside my cinema, controlled similarly to a chromecast ( buying a basic chromecast is my plan B )

i am wondering if anyone has any idea of a url i could feed into the signage unit that would log it in/register it as a device that i can then controll via the web app or another device?

you'll have to script something up to log in.  it would be pretty reckless if emby were open to the world with no authentication mechanism in place.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.ApiClient

MrPippali

thanks for the lead

i was hopeing for a way to use a api key and user password to activate the player to a windo that you could controll remotly...

ill see what i can comeup with with my limited knowledge

thanks again :)

MrPippali

puerly because i dont currently have a basic cromecast, but i have an old bright sign box laying arround :)

so i just thought i would ask the question
ill probably just have to wait till i can afford a chrome cast... 

but thankyou everyone for your sugestions/input
it is realy apreciated :)

Edited by MrPippali