Music Album Name Not Updating After Library Scan

rumzieee

rumzieee

I am having an issue with album titles not updating in Emby when the ALBUM tag changes. File rescan and a normal library scan have not solved this issue.

Specific example, Lady Gaga "The Fame" existed in my library for some time was recently renamed/retagged to "The Fame (HDtracks)". This new album title is not showing up in Emby, even after multiple general library scans and a forced metadata refresh on the artist page.

I have NOT tried a metadata refresh on the entire library as this would take days with a 15TB library. A library rescan is usually enough to update track artists or titles, but unfortunately does not update the album title.

The only way Emby has updated the album title is when I completely remove the album from my library, rescan library files, add the album back, and then rescan once again.

Please let me know what additional info I can provide to help troubleshoot.

rumzieee

Hi Luke. 

Yes all tracks within each album have the same album title and MusicBrainz Release ID.

If this is relevant, the entire library directory consists of a single folder for each album. I use this template in MusicBee to restructure all files:

<Album> - $First(<Album Artist>)\<Disc#>-<Track#> $Left(<Title>,100)

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, rumzieee said:

album title and MusicBrainz Release ID.

You will probably have to Refresh at Artist level or remove the album, scan, and readd the album.  May run into issues as Album and MBZid will no longer match.

rumzieee
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

You will probably have to Refresh at Artist level or remove the album, scan, and readd the album.  May run into issues as Album and MBZid will no longer match.

I''ve tried refreshing at an artist level multiple times, still did not update the album title.

Regardless of whether or not the MBZid changed, the outcome is the same as the album title will not update.

Either way, I don't feel it's convenient having to delete, scan, add, and then scan for album title changes. Hopefully is addressed in an update to Emby server.

Happy2Play

Testing this I believe due to Online provider Album name you cannot change album name.  But each track is updated to with Album (HDtracks).

image.png.6c6e45623923f94152feedbcb8d57210.png

image.png.c5518e4a4020ae58ea02f5d2be1c3137.png

Stripping MBZids and scanning update Album title.

image.png.a8c3a91db0515dd8c83da725a177ac43.png

image.png

So the MBZid name supersedes track album tag name.

rumzieee

Interesting. Would disabling metadata providers on a library level prevent the album name from defaulting by MBZid? Hopefully that doesn't also disable album/artist bios, but even so I might have to disable it since I frequently make album title changes.

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, rumzieee said:

Interesting. Would disabling metadata providers on a library level prevent the album name from defaulting by MBZid? Hopefully that doesn't also disable album/artist bios, but even so I might have to disable it since I frequently make album title changes.

Will test some more in a few minutes, but I would suspect disabling Album MBZ may work.  But assuming overview is coming form MBZ it would disable it unless add overview to track description or comment tag.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Doesn't look like disabling the provider makes a difference for existing tags.  And uninstalling MBZ made no difference in my tests.

rumzieee

That's unfortunate, thanks for testing that. I just recently started saving the MBZ release id on my albums, and it's issues like this that remind me why I left that tag off in the first place.

Happy2Play

Yes, this would be a conflict of information on provider and wanting your custom information.  We might get this back if/when Album nfo reading is reenabled.

Basically, right now if you really want your custom info, you cannot provide MBZ provider info. (at least albumid/releasegroupid)

Edited by Happy2Play