Emby Update from 4.5.2.0 to 4.6.7.2 on DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 2

Predator2000

Predator2000

Hello all,

I have updated yesterday from DSM 6 to the latest version DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 2.

Now I also want to update Emby and wanted to ask if it is possible to update from version 4.5.2.0 to 4.6.7.2 without any problems?
because I still have an update to version 4.6.4.0 lying here and if necessary I could also install that first and then go to 4.6.7.2.

So what is the best way to get the current version?

best regards
from Germany

10 hours ago, Predator2000 said:

Hello all,

I have updated yesterday from DSM 6 to the latest version DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 2.

Now I also want to update Emby and wanted to ask if it is possible to update from version 4.5.2.0 to 4.6.7.2 without any problems?
because I still have an update to version 4.6.4.0 lying here and if necessary I could also install that first and then go to 4.6.7.2.

So what is the best way to get the current version?

best regards
from Germany

Which NAS do you have?
For most NAS boxes the current DSM version is 7.0.1-42218

Predator2000

Okay and thank you.

I guess I'll go straight for the update to 4.6.7.2 then.
I have a DS916+, but at the moment I do not have the time to deal with DSM 7 and after a brief search in various forums, it seems to not yet work flawlessly. 

If it were me on 4.5.2 I wouldn't jump that far in one upgrade as different database changes take place in these releases.
It's best to not skip release and stay up to date on current releases to avoid potential issues.

I would pull up the different releases in the link below and step upgrade each release (not betas).

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases