New android app says server needs updating

BKKK

The latest Emby app for Android is telling me that my server needs updating however the server dashboard is saying that the server is latest version and no update is available from terramaster.

Help!!!

GrimReaper

As stated on TerraMaster page:

Emby Server can be installed from either the TerraMaster app store, or by manually installing the packages provided here. The version in the TerraMaster app store may sometimes be a little behind the latest due to the TerraMaster review process. 

You have latest stable 4.6.7.0 tpks here:

https://emby.media/terramaster-server.html

• 2 months later...
David03

Hello. The same happens to me. Yesterday I updated to the latest version 4.7.5.0, which is in the store. I watched content through the app yesterday and today it won't let me connect to the server because it says it needs to be updated. I don't know what to do in that case.

Screenshot_20220308-080520.jpg

Sin título.png

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, David03 said:

latest version 4.7.5.0

Something seems off with that version number. @Luke

That looks like something terramaster did. We did not submit a 4.7.5 to them. 

Can you try installing the build from our website?

David03

Do I reinstall the app over the one already installed on the NAS or uninstall the version I updated from the Terramaster store and install the one downloaded from your website?

6 hours ago, David03 said:

Do I reinstall the app over the one already installed on the NAS or uninstall the version I updated from the Terramaster store and install the one downloaded from your website?

You can try to install on top. If it doesn't let you then uninstall first. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

David03

Yes it worked.  What I did was install the app manually without uninstalling the previous one and it worked fine.  However, an update of the emby server app still appears in the Terramaster store.

Thanks

Yea that's because TerraMaster took it upon themselves to patch their own fix into our package and gave it a version number of 4.7.5 for some reason. So we're contacting them about that. Thanks.