Add STRM file with path to Media Info section

revengineer

revengineer

Please add the stream file with path to the Media Info section on the movie details page. Currently, the Media Info only shows "STRM" (see screenshot). This request is in analog to locally stored movies for which the full filename is specified along with additional with additional info. I understand that the detailed info is not readily available without opening the file, so I am not requesting or suggesting this info. In fact, I recommend against the additional info for stream files because I would not want emby to open lots of files to extract this.

Background: I am running into issues with STRM movie files showing up as duplicates but there is only one STRM file. To tell whether this is a duplicate or whether another movie has been misidentified, I need to know the .strm file associated with each entry.

Thank you for your consideration.

Screenshot 2021-12-29 071231.png

Happy2Play

Should appear after played as Media Info is only gotten on first playback.  But believe that depends on where the strm points to.

strm pointing to an online source.

image.png.e510d5e8e5d4c15af4c06edd17ed0e3e.png

revengineer

I understand that the strm file is just a pointer. Nevertheless, while a strm source has not been played, it is valuable to show info on the pointer file name, just like the file name for movies are shown.

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Noway2020 said:

I'm encountering the same issue. Have you discovered a solution yet?

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail?

revengineer

The issue has not changed from the OP. The request was simply to display the full path of the .strm file just as it is shown for every movie file. 

• Thanks 1

Noway2020
3 hours ago, Luke said:

The request aligns with that of @revengineer's: just to straightforwardly display the full path of the .strm file, as it is routinely shown for all movie files. I possess a multitude of .strm files, each pointing to various media servers. My primary objective is simply to identify the location of the movie file.

An alternative approach I can employ involves rewriting the output of the item API to include an additional external link pointing to the actual media server URL, similar to the method used in https://github.com/bpking1/embyExternalUrl. However, this solution is not entirely perfect.

Edited by Noway2020

• 3 months later...
Happy2Play
On 11/14/2023 at 2:49 PM, Luke said:

Since probing of strm files has been stopped until playback this information is not available.

Only visible via Edit Metadata until playback.

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Since probing of strm files has been stopped until playback this information is not available.

Yes I see the issue, thanks.

rbjtech
10 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

This nifty plugin will complete the data for you on a schedule without the need to visit the item -