"Too many errors. Giving up."

AgostinoMedia

AgostinoMedia

Hi, I have no idea why when I'm trying to play this show in particular, I get "Too many errors. Giving up." at like just a couple minutes into the episode. 

I attached the log file's relevant sections.

If there's any other info you need from me please let me know. Thanks.

embyserver.txt

Hi.  That ffmpeg log is from a different time from the server log when you said the problem occurred.  It is also from a movie, not episode, and appears to be successful playback.

Did you recreate the issue and send the log from the app?

AgostinoMedia

My apologies. Okay I just recreated the issue. But I saw 3 ffmpeg logs in my server settings.

I think the most recent one (all within a few minutes), has the error, but I can't tell.

if it makes any difference, im using an amazon fire stick to play my media from my macOS server

ffmpeg-directstream-9a5f5bc1-e4aa-46ff-a44b-b9c5a887f2a6_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-4f96ecf2-efd2-49a6-a25e-d4f73bdf59a1_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-a53b5c86-64e9-4fb5-8539-b6f2931cd979_1.txt embyserver.txt

1 hour ago, AgostinoMedia said:

Is it even possible to send a log from an amazon fire stick?

From the article I linked above:

Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku Logs

These apps have the option to send an app log to us electronically.  You enter the settings page and turn on the "Debug Options".  Now there will be a new option on the user menu at the top of your app home page labelled "Send Log".  

NOTE

If you are using Android TV/Fire TV and your problem is with playback, please send the log directly from the playback OSD.
There will be an option on the "cog" menu.

Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

AgostinoMedia

Ok, sorry i was a little disappointed, annoyed, and busy.

I sent the logs via the app (couldn't do it anywhere else but the home screen after the playback quit on me)

The other info you requested:

1) playing this video file: A.Piece.of.Your.Mind.S01E01.200323.450p-NEXT.mp4

2) log sent ~16:33pm EST

3) user name: mougats

Happy2Play

First guess (for this example) is there is not Series folder and there is just confusion on what to do with this item as it is not structured to Emby TV Requirements.

Emby TV Naming : Emby

/Volumes/Media.C/Seeds.TV/A.Piece.of.Your.Mind.S01.450p.HDTV.AAC.H264-NEXT/A.Piece.of.Your.Mind.S01E01.200323.450p-NEXT.mp4

AgostinoMedia

But if it can play the file, the naming still causes a problem? at some point during playback (around 1 min 30) and the spinny wheel / stop + go effect happens and then it quits.

Hi.  How was this file created?  Something in the audio track is out of spec it seems:

E ExoPlayerImplInternal:   Caused by: com.google.android.exoplayer2.ext.ffmpeg.FfmpegDecoderException: Unexpected decode error

AgostinoMedia

No idea how it was created. I just downloaded it.

Okay so Emby had trouble with this file because of that bit then?
Well, for cases like these, i'll use Plex because it runs fine there until/if Emby thinks this is something to be fixed on their end.

AgostinoMedia

is that done within the fire stick OS app area?

i havent used google play's website for anything regarding my fire stick

i probably will not get as far into that though