Add Shuffle Feature to Player

MarauderEMBY

MarauderEMBY

Using current BETA of emby with a library of @200,000 items. I would like to be able to select Genres or anything really and send it to a playlist or play queue - either one and be able to shuffle the play. Currently I can shuffle the albums, (which for my personal taste, isn't really intuitive) - I can shuffle ALL songs.. I cannot shuffle from genre's or folders by selecting them, no after sending them to Queue. The Platlist creation will allow me to come back and shuffle the items on the playlist.. but a playlist must be created first. Hopefully that explains the issue or break in the functionality or usability from my standpoint. Still being able to shuffle these items is fine, but it would seem better to me to simply have the option on the player instead of exacting on only certain types of selection and playback.

As from what I can see, currently there is no easy way to do that at the moment.

My suggested or feature request would be to add 'SHUFFLE' option to player, like most out there.

This is the webui I am referring too. I am not for sure if this exists on the player in the apps but would like to see this feature in the future.

• Like 4

MarauderEMBY

Thank YOU! :) - Sorry if this was posted somewhere else I did search some for the Topic... Will be cool to see.. Much appreciated.

• 1 year later...
Stroudy

Sorry for reviving an old thread.
I didn't want to create a new one if there was already an open one.

Is this feature still planned?

I build music play queues based on how I'm feeling at that moment so adding albums/songs/artists to a queue, then needing to save a playlist just to shuffle it all seems long-winded.
It'd be so much easier to just add to play queue and then hit shuffle on the player.

• Agree 3