Chromecast not streaming

BrettM

Hi All,

I have purchased the chromecast dongle and have set it up correctly. the media centre is downstairs and i have the chromecast dongle in the TV upstairs on the TV screen upstairs it say's choose media from mediabrowser to play here"

But when I choose the movie to stream it just has a blue circle continually spinning. Do I need to set up anything on the server or what do I need to do to get this working correctly?? I'm using a android tablet and from the Mediabrowser app for android.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Edited by BrettM

Check your server to see if there is an ffmpeg process running.

If so, post ffmpeg and server logs. If not them just server logs.

Android app logs may also be needed. They are in: /sdcard/Mb3AndroidData/Logs

Read this to see how to post logs: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by CBers

Thanks Cbers,

As i am very raw at this I have found my way to the log files for the server but there are 7 different folders with the date of 15/09/2014 (first had problem) and the same with trans coder folder.

I have attached both log folders for the time it was first tried.I am using a sony tablet as well as my Samsung Note both have the Mediabrowser app on them.

Hopefully I have given you the information you need as I said i'm very green in this area.

Also in regards to the app logs I'm not sure how to find them on a sony tablet or Samsung Note..

I have also attached a screen shot showing that the chromecast is showing in the server.

Again thank you so much for the help I'll do my best to give you any information you need.

post-3550-0-20487500-1410827723_thumb.jpg

transcode-bf2164b5-9f1e-4598-a245-287ea44f191b.txt

server-63546411135.txt

Hi Nirvmedia,

Thanks for that I have just had a quick read and alot of it I don't understand sorry for sounding a bit dumb but I was hoping we could simply plug in the chromecast set it up and bingo but as with most things it's never that easy lol. I have also activated the upnp on the router so Ill see if that helps. Did you get it to finally work for you if so what did you have to do ? 

I did eventually get it working. I had to specify the internal IP address in the app to get it working no the external IP that the admin panel will show.

thanks for that I have now got it working not sure how I just updated the app on the phone and the tablet rebooted the router then both worked, Just for future reference how do you get or find the internal ip for the app ?  

This was how I added it, but this was just me. I am sure others have there ways. On the top right of the app on the user login there should have been a globe looking icon. When you click on that, it will show you the server. Once you see the server, I would press on the server until it gives me the option to delete it (it will also give you the option to edit, but for my own piece of mind I just deleted it). Then I re-add the server with the internal IP.

• 4 weeks later...

My problem is almost the same, however I don't even get the spinning wheel.I can connect and disconnect to the Chromecast, but when I pay media, my nexus 5 & 10 both show the "playing" control screen, with the time stuck at 0. Usually the MB app crashes. The TV just keeps showing the "Ready to cast" MB screen...

Other apps cast fine. I tried the internal network name for the server, but it made no difference. I guess I should try to find the android client log to determine the problem?

My problem is almost the same, however I don't even get the spinning wheel.I can connect and disconnect to the Chromecast, but when I pay media, my nexus 5 & 10 both show the "playing" control screen, with the time stuck at 0. Usually the MB app crashes. The TV just keeps showing the "Ready to cast" MB screen...

Other apps cast fine. I tried the internal network name for the server, but it made no difference. I guess I should try to find the android client log to determine the problem?

Yea that would be a good first step. Thanks.

twitchstick

I'm having the same problem as you. Let us know what you find. I don't have much time to post a log or go through it.