Error adding media path ?

bjjones
Go to solution Solved by bjjones,

bjjones

Please ensure the path is valid etc etc

I get this when I try and add an existing library into a fresh Emby stable install

Full disclosure. I installed the beta to give it a test drive and tried to go back to the 4.6.7.0 stable.

Backed up the system config via the plugin, uninstalled 4.7.0.19 beta, installed the stable and restored from the system backup.

Troubleshooting so far, thought maybe the emby internal user may have gotten corrupted between uninstalling installing different version so I uninstalled 4.6, deleted the internal emby account via cli. Reinstalled 4.6 again, got a new emby internal user, made sure the r/w permissions were correct and tried to add in the media library again one by one (not using the system backup). I can browse to them correctly in the add library tab, first ok works and the library is retained in the search box. the second save fails with the message above.

server log attached, its the last couple of entries trying to add /volume1/Media/TV as a TV show library

embyserver.txt

Hi, You have all kinds of errors in your log which are going to be permission related likely due to the removal of the internal system user.
Let me ask.  How big is/was your system? Did you have a lot of users setup?  How about file wise?

What kind of backup do you have?  Is it a conventional backup done outside of Emby or is this from the Emby Configuration Backup Plugin?

That will help determine the best method to move forward.

bjjones

Thanks Carlo, it's not that big of a system and if it's got that much going on I'll rebuild the whole thing over, I just did it 3 days ago.

It's a new (to me) 1019+ that I migrated my 918+ to to get the extra drive bay. The emby backup was via the Emby configuration Backup plugin made on 4.7 beta restored to 4.6.7 stable.

It was having the exact behavior before I removed and re-added the emby user so the system got broken between the 4.7 beta which worked fine being uninstalled and the 4.6.7 stable getting installed over the top of whatever was leftover. Users are a whopping 4 and the media library all in is only 5TB across 3x14TB. I've got a backup of the media library on a second volume I created in my extra bays via Hyperbackup so that piece is outside Emby and is solid.

I shut emby down and restarted to create a new log, then tried to add that same library path for a new shorter log without so much to dig through.

embyserver2.txt

Happy2Play

Looks like you may need to start over.

You have a sql error not positive why but can guess from the rollback.

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: no such column: A.ForcedSortName - select 

And you have plugin errors from the rollback so all plugins need removed and readded.

• Like 1

bjjones

Thanks Happy, I'll just tear it down to scratch... delete the vol1 and storage pool, reset DSM on the syno partition, then recreate it all over. Just not sure whether to load up emby beta or stay with stable for the time being.

The Media library can be restored overnight so nbd. I'll tag @Luke in case it's something he needs to look into or just send out a warning upgrades work fine, don't try to downgrade.

Luke, I was doing this downgrade to try and recreate an oddity I saw on 4K web playback after upgrading to beta.  I'm pretty sure its new behavior, I don't remember seeing it in stable. I'll post in a new thread here in case it's synology beta related or you can move it over to the beta thread area if not, or close it if it's always been that way.

thanks guys as always

Edited by bjjones

• Solution
bjjones

Came up with a too obvious solution before I tore it down, uninstall 4.6.7 that's broke and reinstall 4.7.0.19 just to see.

Everything came back as it was before and running fine. Moral is don't try to downgrade once you move up a full version.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/27/2021 at 3:06 PM, bjjones said:

Everything came back as it was before and running fine. Moral is don't try to downgrade once you move up a full version.

Or if you know how to use SSH, navigate to /volume1/@appdata/EmbyData and then cp the config and data folders (with Emby shutdown).
That would allow you to put the main config and data back if installing the previous version.