Open Subtitles domain question

Waffull

HI. 

So I renewed my VIP status with opensubtitles.org a few days ago.  I logged into the website because they had double billed me, so trying to find someone to get in contact with.

Anyway,  saw they moved to a new website, opensubtitles.com, or at least it's in beta.  So I 'migrated' my account to the new site.  In doing so, it required I create a new password.  When I updated to that password in the opensubtitles settings on emby, it no longer pulled subtitles.  I switched back to my old password and it started pulling them again.

I assume that means the plugin only fetches from opensubtitles.org.  So Two questions.. 1) Can that be specified on the settings page to avoid any confusion?  2) Is there a separate plugin for opensubtitles.com or will one be able to select between them on the settings page, at some point?

Thank you,

M

Is it possible the confusion here is between opensubtitles.org and opensubtitles.com?  At this time, the plugin appears to only fetch from opensubtitles.org.

I'm still on 4.6.4, didn't want to take the change and upgrade to 4.6.7 in case there's a real problem fetching subtitles.

Thanks.

• 11 months later...
taker1988

Hey,

is Emby still using the "old" .org homepage or now the new beta with .com? 

I subscribed to the .com page and activated the VIP option on my server, but I guess, this will have no effect cause i payed on the wrong page?

Maybe you could build in an option to switch inside Emby to the org or to the com domain? Would be very nice, cause the new page is already very long on beta status.

best regards

15 hours ago, taker1988 said:

Hey,

is Emby still using the "old" .org homepage or now the new beta with .com? 

I subscribed to the .com page and activated the VIP option on my server, but I guess, this will have no effect cause i payed on the wrong page?

Maybe you could build in an option to switch inside Emby to the org or to the com domain? Would be very nice, cause the new page is already very long on beta status.

best regards

Hi yes we'll looking at how we're going to switch soon. Thanks.

taker1988

Ok, thank you Luke. :)

As a Info... I wrote a message to a admin of opensubtitles. He Set my Profile to vip on both sites, so I can use the vip Feature in emby. Maybe that could other emby User do also. 

• Thanks 1