Aztec and Breeze

bret1958

bret1958

I recently added Aztec and Breeze on a machine with good specs, they are impossible to use. Roc works just fine. But the lag on the 2 new themes makes them impossible to use. If Roc works fine is there something I am doing wrong. the machine is 6 core Amd Phemon II @ 3.4GHZ  and 8 mg Ram the only weak spot is the graphics but should be fine as its not a gaming machine.. AMD 6570 2 mg and a SSD HD.

Both themes have a few odd behaviors also that go away if I go back to Roc or Classic ...IE Isolated to the same 2 themes.
Has any one  seen this behavior ? thanks ahead of time

Running high-intensity graphics themes in WMC is akin to gaming.  Therefore, it can require significant graphics processing capabilities.  This is more important than the CPU in this case so that is likely why you are seeing these issues.

bret1958

It has to be the way the 2 plug ins are interacting with the server.. installed MBC on a higher end machine atzec acts the same and the video card it is a 8650 ..not the card.

Just looking for Ideas or help not bashing. Cant get help if I don't ask. max gpu usage 30% for about 5 second then drops to almost nother 5 minutes to exit Aztec, 3 minutes to enter a new category. Tried both Official and Beta server.

If i am posting in the wrong forum please advise.

Axtec and Breeze are not the end of the world.. can always wait for updates.

Thanks ahead...

mariors44

themes need to be updated, all of lee's themes have some bugs, that he is working on. Crystal and Roc are the most stable themes that I'm aware of. 

I have no idea but it seems like you are proving that it is.  Let us know if the gfx card upgrade makes a difference.

bret1958

Is Roc less GPU intensive that Aztec or Breeze ? Thanks for the Info IF I replace the card will a r7 260 be adequate.

Sorry for all the questions but its gotta works right.

Crystal and Roc are the most stable themes that I'm aware of. 

Clarification - those are the most stable of Lee's themes.  There are other themes available that are quite fast and stable.

leedavies

themes need to be updated, all of lee's themes have some bugs, that he is working on. Crystal and Roc are the most stable themes that I'm aware of. 

I'm becoming quite tired of your constant mud-slinging.  If you have issues, please post details so they can be looked at.

bret1958

Boy who was mud slinging, if asking for help on a paid program that does not work is mud slinging then I guess there is no reason for this forum. Lee I tried to PM you I got a notice that you were not taking any private PM.

What choice do I have but to reach out and see if others are having issues.

To get some advice, I see not one thread here that was throwing rocks..

The Fact is on now 3 machines and 2 different servers Aztec and Breeze are in fact unusable or unstable.

Since you have know chimed in, tell me what you want and I will provide you exactly the behavior.

I can start now

1. 5 minutes to exit

2. 3 minutes to change catagory

3. On entering my movies folder it shows the count correctly but will display only the assumed last one added, period one movie.

this is on all 3 machines and 2 different servers.

If you feel that this is mud then just un-register the 2 plug ins and refund my 12$ end of story

Fighting over a stupid plug in is the last thing my day needs to be involved in or taking the time to pay for an reworked classic theme.

Everyone one of you guys work hard. But if your selling the $ware there needs to be a constructive way to get some help or support on what is sold without fear of being YELLED at.

Been with you guys over 5 years and yes there are issue as this has been a very beta ride, no complaints. Purchased Plugin's suddenly unregistered, not a complaint here. I repurchased them. This mainly goes for your products Lee.

But when the plug in breaks MBC or DOES not work I need to speak up and ask the community for help.

Like it or not your plugins like others have bugs... But mbc is not selling they are asking for donations to help the cause.

Plugins are a direct purchase and not on a donation basis.

The best thing going is MB Theater hope it will be stable soon...

• Like 2

With Breeze when added Channels tab, the EHS lost the backdrops when pointing Channel tab.

If removing channels tab problem gones.

Not problem with Chocolate, Pearl (my preferred) or ROC.

The best is to watch the movie to clarify my words.

http://www.firedrive.com/file/65AA0139D5109418

A request please, could be possible in the next Breeze release to choose for example to show only "Recently Added"?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ireme

mariors44

First of all Lee I wasn't mud -slinging at all. I was just trying to help a member on here.

If you scroll down you would also see that I gave you a complement by saying that Crystal And Roc are the most stable themes.

If you call that mud-slinging the I guess I'm guilty.

leedavies

With Breeze when added Channels tab, the EHS lost the backdrops when pointing Channel tab.

If removing channels tab problem gones.

Not problem with Chocolate, Pearl (my preferred) or ROC.

The best is to watch the movie to clarify my words.

http://www.firedrive.com/file/65AA0139D5109418

A request please, could be possible in the next Breeze release to choose for example to show only "Recently Added"?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the feedback.  These are in the works.

• Like 1

I posted about this a long time ago and even included a video of the issue. All that ever came out of that was suggestions that my hardware was inadequate. I have the identical problem on two separate machines, both low and high end. This is definitely not a hardware capability issue.

Unfortunately this was never acknowledged by the dev and my post fizzled. So I have given up.

• Like 1

bret1958

Thanks for the feedback.  These are in the works.

Hmm not one answer from the Dev let alone a refund.. Crap Ware..If you are going to sell is it has got to work. !!! I am asking for my 12$ back Lee. You sold me alpha ware

You do not offer donations.. Make it work or give Back the Bucks..... Month ago your software blew the lid on MBC and I had to complain. you sent me a fixed addon.. Not the normal Pushed. Lest get clear I am not mad... I just want what I pay for and a DEV to step up... MEDIA BROWSER THEATER PLEASE.. and stop the I am Beyond reproach attitude and dive in and help ....you made the mess help us fix it.

Edited by bret1958

• 2 weeks later...
darengibo

I guess purchasing from a developer (I in fact own all of Lees themes so speak from the shared experience) has an inherent risk since the developer is not truly linked in with the product and when the product becomes updated/enhanced/improved, etc, we HOPE the developer keeps up.

in this case, we are not so fortunate, which is a shame since Lees themes have always been rich with the eye candy and delivers the WOW factor when showing it off to family/friends.

for me, i have decided to stick with Chocolate since it just works, and have given up on any hope of refund, or a stable theme from the stable of my purchases.  Then if they DO come back enhanced and usable, I will be pleasantly surprised and it can be win/win! 

Forgive my ignorance Luke, but it's possible to install Xbmb3c themes in MB Classic?

I'm a little confused

No, he's suggesting making a client change.

Just my curiosity... and I dont want to bash anyone... but why keep themes in the store while they don't work sufficient enough or are not supported anymore w.r.t. the latest server/MBC changes?

ab123ga

For me the what does not work about the themes is below. I hope no one thinks this is mud slinging as this was documented as an issue months ago and makes the themes unusable until something is corrected. As to the question of going with XBMC. I have XBMC  on one computer where that computer is HTPC. I have 3 xboxs connected to WMC throughout my house and need to use MB Classic. Thus XBMC is not an option for those systems. 

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8380-aztec-breeze-roc-crystal-themes-not-fitting-with-updated/