DLNA server keeps cuting out on Samsung Smart Tv

Evadebug

Evadebug

Greetings

First let me say I am truly impressed with Emby and would love to use it much more.

The SETUP

I have an old computer and decided to turn it into a media server for the household.

The parts are quite old but I managed to Install and set up TrueNAS 12.0-U7, I am not the most knowledgeable about it but through the aid of guides got the pools and acl's down.

I installed the Emby pulgin (not the one called "Emby Server") through the comminity selection of TrueNAS.

The version of the Emby plugin is 4.6.7.0

We have a Samsung Smart TV that i want DlNA to work, due to location and age of tv, I will not be able to install the Emby app.

The house is on a set of static IPs:

The TrueNAS server runs on 99.66.0.230

I have used the VNET within Emby Jail configuration to run on 99.66.0.231

The Samsung TV uses 99.66.0.249

The computer I use to access the web gui of both TrueNAS and Emby is 99.66.0.1

The Problem

After all configuration and coping over some test moves to try, the computer I use work absolutely fine playing on firefox 95.0.2

The problem is the tv, After awhile it does discover the Emby server, and I can open it. Being just in the folder select screen if waiting for ~30 seconds it will close and a error will pop up saying

Disconnected from server and then the server name and nothing else. If I am quick and access the movies before it disconnects I can get the movie to load and run just fine, but after the time elapses it again just disconnected. The Emby server is still there to be selected though the source button but the pattern repeats now matter how many times I try.

The Plea

With this I would like to ask for help, I am sure I may have just made a setting mistake  ( As this is my first time setting anything like this up). So if any one could just give me help or point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.

I have attached the server log during this time I have made multiple attempts to try access the TV.

embyserver.txt

Hi, I  notice you're direct playing an mp4. Are the audio and video codecs something the TV is documented to support? Is it high bitrate mp4?

Evadebug

@Luke

Thanks for getting back to me

The TV can indeed run the video and audio when I use a usb.

But even with emby server I can get the video (with audio) to run fine if only for a short about of time, normally if the TV can't run the file the TV will give a "file format not supported" error and not even open it.