App doesn't log out a user

RobsterUK

RobsterUK

Not sure if there is any way to get around this issue. As it may be related to the WebOS.

Had the TV for 18 months and up until this week have been running Emby App version 1.0.24.
Obviously in that time the WebOS has updated, currently running:
webOS TV Version       4.9.3-5380409
Model                             49SMA9000PLA

We would navigate out of Emby by stopping the media and return to the library. Then press the Home button on the remote and select Live TV from the LG home screen.
The app must have eventually closed as next time we opened it there was a prompt to select which user.
For a few months this behaviour has changed, but I thought I would wait until the app was updated to see if it had already been addressed.

Unfortunately it hasn't. Navigate out of the Emby App the same way. Turn TV off (sleep mode) by using the remote. Open Emby the next day and the same user is logged in at the default home screen. But I don’t want the kids accessing the user account that has got age rated content inappropriate for them. If I sign out at the end of the session then its fine. But despite my prompting, the other half always forgets to do this. So the kids open it up with my account, instead of choosing theirs.

I feels as though the TV doesn't actually stop the app process, but put it into a sleep state to resume next time it's opened.

Is there anything you can do to force the app to either log out users when after a few hours sleep, or force a log out of the user, or force the app to quit when switched to Live TV?

RobsterUK

Hi Luke,

Sorry where is that option?
I've checked the user account profiles, but can't see that option.
I've checked all settings in the app as different users. But can't see an option to force a log on choice.

Assuming the user has a password, it's right on the login screen. If the user does not have a password then currently there is no way to configure it, but we could probably add an option for it.

RobsterUK

Thanks Luke.

As it's local I have selected to login with a pin code. But one of the users has a blank one. I'll try setting one to see if that makes a difference and report back. 

• Thanks 1

RobsterUK

I've done some testing and embarrassingly it was an easy fix.

It was the Remember Me button that had been highlighted on the adult user account. Therefore it was logging in as that user everytime the app opened. 

It's working as I wish now & I learnt what the Remember me button does 😆