Error message on Apple TV 4K

halvdan

Hi,

On the latest version available on the app store, in settings and then selecting playback, I get this error message.

appletv-error.jpg.c99d64e9b519521fb83af0dc047c723c.jpg

I can't do anything other than going back.

The other options in settings like subtitles work fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
vdatanet
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@vdatanet I'm unable to reproduce on the beta. Can you?

No, I'm unable to reproduce.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, halvdan said:

I just upgraded to 1.5.9 but I still get the same error.

But this time its "Line 58673"

Hi @halvdan from the point at which you open the app, can you please tell us exactly what steps you take that lands in this situation? Thanks !

halvdan
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi @halvdan from the point at which you open the app, can you please tell us exactly what steps you take that lands in this situation? Thanks !

This error message appears every time I open Playback, in Settings.

Restarting Apple TV, force closing Emby, or opening Emby and browse media first has no effect.

I don't have this Apple TV at home.
So I can't really test or debug it directly right now. But next time I'm there I will try any suggestion that come

SamES

@halvdan, can you please confirm, is the server you're connecting to on a remote network or local? (I suspect it is remote)

halvdan
Just now, SamES said:

@halvdan, can you please confirm, is the server you're connecting to on a remote network or local? (I suspect it is remote)

Remote yes. Using Emby Connect.

The server is Synology DSM 7.x with the latest stable version of Emby

SamES

I think at some stage you have set a Video Quality option in Playback settings that is no longer valid.  Can you remember manually setting a value?  When the screen tries to display the invalid value it can't be found and you get the error you are seeing.   I can't reproduce this problem using the current options, so it appears to be working correctly now.

We should be handling this error better, and I can make a change to select a default value if the saved value can't be found.   

I suspect that if you uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it then you would be back to default settings and that will fix this for your case.  Otherwise you can wait until the next release and I'll set just that value back to default if your saved selection is invalid.

halvdan
3 minutes ago, SamES said:

I think at some stage you have set a Video Quality option in Playback settings that is no longer valid.  Can you remember manually setting a value?  When the screen tries to display the invalid value it can't be found and you get the error you are seeing.   I can't reproduce this problem using the current options, so it appears to be working correctly now.

We should be handling this error better, and I can make a change to select a default value if the saved value can't be found.   

I suspect that if you uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it then you would be back to default settings and that will fix this for your case.  Otherwise you can wait until the next release and I'll set just that value back to default if your saved selection is invalid.

Yes, I have changed those values multiple times in the past. Just for finding the optimal setting and testing.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Emby the next time I'm at that location and post the results here.

Thanks