MB3 Server and Anime..

Logos302
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Logos302

Having a problem where my anime which is in it's own folder is showing up in my tv lists on the server and on most clients except MBC.  Is there any way to fix this??  I will add the server logs in a second.  

• Solution

you'll have to make a feature request to have us provide some kind of separation for that.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
saitoh183

the way to separate it would be to use the anidb API to pull metadata and allow the anime to be scraped using absolute numbering(anime dont actually have seasons we just create them when the show comes to the US/Canada) instead of using theTVDB as source.TVDB could still be used to pull artwork. then associate in some way with using maybe a tagging system.This is how its done on XBMC but you must also use smart playlist to create the physical separation between TV and Anime. The reason i find the Anidb api is better to use is that anime release groups use Anidb to show when they have released something and the API uses the file hash or CRC to determine the file name. 

I currently use a anidb script to rename and move my anime to its network location and it uses absolute numbering and in XBMC, i use AnidbMod scraper.

Im sure if you guys poke around those 2 things you could figure out a solution :) and be the first official HT solution to REALLY Support anime out of the box unlike XBMC and PLEX that take cleaver workarounds to get the job done.

Starkadius

There is currently an Anime plugin in the server that scrapes from anidb and anilist. I have recently finished creating TV and Asian Drama Genre icons and I am currently working on my next big project; Anime Genre Icons. It is a huge undertaking and is going to take me a while since it is over 70 or so genres possibly more. When I am done I am going to officially request for anime separation more properly if Logos302 doesn't mind.

• Like 2