ComSkipper ... A Emby Plugin that skips commercials

BillOatman

BillOatman
1 hour ago, mike3821 said:

I did just this with the additional settings to the comskip.ini file and it doesn’t generate the other files.

Seems to be working good?

The goal is the edl file name the same as the .ts file.  If that's what you ended up with, win :)

mike3821
12 hours ago, BillOatman said:

The goal is the edl file name the same as the .ts file.  If that's what you ended up with, win :)

Didn't seem to work. Regardless, I have it calling up a bash script and it's working with the modifications to comskip.ini. 

Anyways, this is a great plugin to have!

mike3821
12 hours ago, BillOatman said:

Didn't seem to work. Regardless, I have it calling up a bash script and it's working with the modifications to comskip.ini. 

Anyways, this is a great plugin to have!

mike3821

Is it possible to have options like the following.

- Click on pop-up to skip
- Automatic Skip (Like we have today)

BillOatman
Just now, mike3821 said:

Is it possible to have options like the following.

- Click on pop-up to skip
- Automatic Skip (Like we have today)

No because that requires a change to the core UI outside of plugin control.

mike3821
On 07/01/2022 at 10:59, BillOatman said:

No because that requires a change to the core UI outside of plugin control.

Okay thanks.

The popup seems to cause an issue with Apple TV’s. You see the popup but never goes back to the currently playing video.

I have disabled the popup for now, haven’t tested.

• Like 1

BillOatman
3 hours ago, mike3821 said:

Okay thanks.

The popup seems to cause an issue with Apple TV’s. You see the popup but never goes back to the currently playing video.

I have disabled the popup for now, haven’t tested.

Likely a problem with the appletv Emby client.  If its reproducible you should report it.

mike3821
1 hour ago, BillOatman said:

Likely a problem with the appletv Emby client.  If its reproducible you should report it.

I’m not to concerned. My main devices are android devices.

BillOatman
Just now, Spaceboy said:

Any thoughts on my issues yet?

I replied.  There is so much going on in your server, particularly with some image plugin throwing exceptions it seems the comskipper plugin never gets the events, or at least the log messages aren't being logged so I can't see what's going on.

Spaceboy
7 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

I replied.  There is so much going on in your server, particularly with some image plugin throwing exceptions it seems the comskipper plugin never gets the events, or at least the log messages aren't being logged so I can't see what's going on.

i replied since then

a page ago you said you werent sure if the plugin worked on the beta branch. has there been confirmation either way on that yet?

Edited by Spaceboy

BillOatman
4 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

so yeah - confirmed. the plugin does not work on beta. for me anyway. works fine on stable

Thanks the for help and effort figuring this out :)  Stable server is required,  

Spaceboy
6 hours ago, BillOatman said:

Thanks the for help and effort figuring this out :)  Stable server is required,  

any chance of you looking into making it compatible with the beta server? 😉 per some other threads the current beta may not be too far away from going stable. no worries if not

Edited by Spaceboy

BillOatman
5 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

any chance of you looking into making it compatible with the beta server? 😉 per some other threads the current beta may not be too far away from going stable. no worries if not

Generally its just rebuilding it with a different Emby library unless there was a significant change in Emby.  I will try and build one and put it here today.  But you have probably seen from other plugin authors that the Emby beta process is such a moving target that most just stick with stable. I will do the same going forward.  Personally unless I'm testing something specific or have a very pressing need, I never run beta's for anything.

• Like 1

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, BillOatman said:

Generally its just rebuilding it with a different Emby library unless there was a significant change in Emby.  I will try and build one and put it here today.  But you have probably seen from other plugin authors that the Emby beta process is such a moving target that most just stick with stable. I will do the same going forward.  Personally unless I'm testing something specific or have a very pressing need, I never run beta's for anything.

thats fair enough and i may make the same decision myself after the next stable comes out

BillOatman
3 minutes ago, chacawaca said:

Does this plugin only work with .ts file ?

No.  Any file that comskip can read and generate the EDL file.  But I believe (I may be wrong) that Emby only stores recordings in .ts.

chacawaca

Do you need comskip in your plugin to interact with .edl or if i already have my .edl with my recording i should be ok ?

1 hour ago, chacawaca said:

Do you need comskip in your plugin to interact with .edl or if i already have my .edl with my recording i should be ok ?

An .edl (edit decision list) file can contain quite a bit more information than is generated by comskip, so the answer to this question can be a bit tricky.  I know it is made to be compatible with comskip generated edl files, and it may work with files generated by other apps but the easiest way to find out is to try it. 

For reference, the edl file must be named the same a the video file.  A video file named "somevideo.mp4" would need and edl file named "somevideo.edl".  I can also verify that ComSkipper works with my MP4 files.  

The basic format of a comskip edl file is as noted below.  The first 2 columns are seconds and milliseconds of the start and end point of each commercial break separated by a single tab.  In the last column, the value 0 indicates the action to be taken (0=cut). 

Format

[start time] [end time] [action]

Sample file

0.00	49.88	0
95.43	121.39	0
308.94	410.34	0
742.54	964.00	0
1388.45	1540.21	0
1834.67	1861.43	0

Edited by richt
  • Agree 1

BillOatman
1 hour ago, chacawaca said:

If you have a edl file named the same as the video but with the .edl extension, with the contents the same format as shown in the post above this one, in the same directory as the recording file, the plugin will see it and use it.  

Edited by BillOatman

ttgapers

@BillOatman - thanks again for this plugin.

Consideration for a future release. Not sure how difficult it would be to add Comskip OR EDL to Media Info?

image.thumb.png.b82f68efb00e81102648e2a7c6da2143.png

Scratch if too difficult.

Cheers and thanks again!

BillOatman
12 minutes ago, ttgapers said:

@BillOatman - thanks again for this plugin.

Consideration for a future release. Not sure how difficult it would be to add Comskip OR EDL to Media Info?

image.thumb.png.b82f68efb00e81102648e2a7c6da2143.png

Scratch if too difficult.

Cheers and thanks again!

I have no clue if that's in a plugins powers or not, but I suspect not.  If anyone knows different please let me know :)

ttgapers
48 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

I have no clue if that's in a plugins powers or not, but I suspect not.  If anyone knows different please let me know :)

No worries at all :)