ComSkipper ... A Emby Plugin that skips commercials

BillOatman

BillOatman
1 hour ago, Sw!sH said:

Hey there

first off all, sorry for my english :D

Secondly, I'll have some local text for you. Com Skipper:Locale = de

Text could be: "Werbung übersprungen"

Otherwise I'll get the english text "Commercial Skipped".

Thanks for the really great work. I love that plugin!!!!

Thanks.  I have this already: 

locale = "de-de", localizedText = "Werbung übersprungen" },

If your log it just shows de huh, I'll add that!

vdrover
On 1/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, mike3821 said:

Okay thanks.

The popup seems to cause an issue with Apple TV’s. You see the popup but never goes back to the currently playing video.

I have disabled the popup for now, haven’t tested.

Confirmed.

reneboulard
1 hour ago, vdrover said:

@richt @BillOatman It would be great if you could share your `comskip.ini` files.

Also, I documented my setup for a debian-based server. I'll push that out after some more testing. 

Find enclosed my comskip.ini file, work well in Montreal Canada, with all TV station.  I use this one in postprocessing.

set live_tv=1 if you want to use it in parallelprocessing.  I do with the news broadcast and it find and skip advertisement.   (with Scripter-X extension onLiveTVRecordingStart)

I did extensive testing, and this is the best compromise for general use.  You can tune for a specific show, but will break for another.

Hope this help.

comskip.ini

• Like 1

BillOatman
19 minutes ago, reneboulard said:

Find enclosed my comskip.ini file, work well in Montreal Canada, with all TV station.  I use this one in postprocessing.

set live_tv=1 if you want to use it in parallelprocessing.  I do with the news broadcast and it find and skip advertisement.   (with Scripter-X extension onLiveTVRecordingStart)

I did extensive testing, and this is the best compromise for general use.  You can tune for a specific show, but will break for another.

Hope this help.

comskip.ini 5.92 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, I thought I had already attached it to the first post but I had not.  It is now!

• Like 1

BillOatman
2 hours ago, vdrover said:

Confirmed.

I use the standard Emby method of putting that text on the screen.  If it is broken you'll want to submit a bug against the apple tv client you are using (assuming this happens with release and not the beta server and client).

Edited by BillOatman

BillOatman
2 hours ago, vdrover said:

@richt @BillOatman It would be great if you could share your `comskip.ini` files.

Also, I documented my setup for a debian-based server. I'll push that out after some more testing. 

If you give it to me I'll add it to the first post and git repo, and thanks!

Edited by BillOatman
  • Like 1

vdrover
6 hours ago, BillOatman said:

If you give it to me I'll add it to the first post and git repo, and thanks!

That's great as installing in linux by cloning the repo gets the donor version but no comskip.ini.

vdrover
6 hours ago, reneboulard said:

Hope this help.

comskip.ini 5.92 kB · 2 downloads

Wonderful! 

Is line 43 missing a semi-colon?

vdrover

I don't think the Live mode is working for me on Linux. Here is my Scripter-X setup. comskip.ini has live TV enabled, and Real Time is enabled in the comskip plugin. Yet, I don't see any EDL file until the recording stops. I assumes the post-processing script takes over at this stage. 

Any thoughts?

1715460578_Scripter-XActions2022-02-14at8_20_02AM.png.92c14e6041efe0b3c58e779e4ecf6b79.png

BillOatman
1 hour ago, vdrover said:

I don't think the Live mode is working for me on Linux. Here is my Scripter-X setup. comskip.ini has live TV enabled, and Real Time is enabled in the comskip plugin. Yet, I don't see any EDL file until the recording stops. I assumes the post-processing script takes over at this stage. 

Any thoughts?

1715460578_Scripter-XActions2022-02-14at8_20_02AM.png.92c14e6041efe0b3c58e779e4ecf6b79.png

@Spaceboyis the real time person. :)

• Like 1

BillOatman
2 minutes ago, vdrover said:

@Spaceboy Love to see a screenshot of your Scripter-X config. 

There is information and this shot of his ScripterX setup in the PDF.  

image.thumb.png.7923c706398e0e864547dc38697ee394.png

Spaceboy

yeah other than the above, which works in windows, i don't have much information to give i'm afraid. and also i don't know anything about non-windows setups.

as you can see the comand just calls comskip to run with the ini file at the start of the recording. then comskip does everything else

vdrover

If anyone has any thoughts about the `run` command on linux, i'd love to hear them. From the PDF I tried the following without success:

/c /home/victor/Comskip/comskip
/home/victor/Comskip/comskip
/c /user/local/bin/comskip
/user/local/bin/comskip

Spaceboy
3 hours ago, vdrover said:

@SpaceboyOn windows, do you have comskip configured both live with Scripter-X and as a post-processing script?

Nope, only live through scripterx 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vdrover said:

If anyone has any thoughts about the `run` command on linux, i'd love to hear them. From the PDF I tried the following without success:

Which Linux?  It may make a difference for the shell.  Also tried haven't it yet, but based on the screen shot in the above post, this "should" work on Linux Mint.

image.png.727efd6f19177e8fc9e713b8d49af4e6.png

Ooops!  Replace "{path}" with %recording.path%

--ini=/etc/comskip.ini "%recording.path%"

2nd edit  -- Doesn't seem to be working, but then I don't use scripter-x and the wiki page seems to be offline..  Sorry I can't help further.  If I get it to work, i"ll update.

Edited by richt
  • Like 1

reneboulard
7 hours ago, richt said:

Which Linux?  It may make a difference for the shell.  Also tried haven't it yet, but based on the screen shot in the above post, this "should" work on Linux Mint.

Ooops!  Replace "{path}" with %recording.path%

--ini=/etc/comskip.ini "%recording.path%"

2nd edit  -- Doesn't seem to be working, but then I don't use scripter-x and the wiki page seems to be offline..  Sorry I can't help further.  If I get it to work, i"ll update.

I have ubuntu server and I use a bash to start comskip.

See the enclosed image.

the command in scriptx is :

Run
/usr/local/sbin/preprocessing.sh
using
/bin/bash
"%recording.path%" "%recording.name%"

In my bash script I do some validation to use different comskip.ini and logo file according to specific show.

Hope this help

scriptx.jpg

• Like 1

BillOatman
2 hours ago, DarS23 said:

Just tested it, and it working really well. 

Do you know if it can work with 3rd party player (Infuse, MrMC)

Thanks

If the player supports the remote control commands from Emby then yes it should.  

• Thanks 1